Caye Casa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel del Rio(San Pedro)
View Hotel
Conch Shell Inn(San Pedro)
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)
Capricorn Resort(San Pedro)
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
All reviewsguard doggerman shepherdclassic roomopen showerhotel dogmassage tentgolf cartgreat boutiquesmall poolnight security guardboutique hotelnight watchmancoffee makerfront porchshort walkbars and restaurantssmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm so happy I chose this place to stay, Its absolutely beautiful. In a town that is still "developing" this hotel what 1st class. All amenities are modern and up to date, the a.c. is ice cold and the views are stunning. Its quiet at night, and yet its a 10 minute walk or 2 minute cart ride down the beach to the center of town and all the action. The staff is friendly and professional, and there's even a night security guard keeping an eye on everything just in case. This is probably one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. I saw somebody post there's no shower curtains, there aren't supposed to be any! The bathrooms are covered in tile, you don't need any. As far as the rooms go, I stayed in the smallest room, on the 3rd floor, it was enough room for me, with a beautiful private deck overlooking the ocean. I looked at two other rooms, and they were amazing. One I saw on the 2nd floor had a huge living room, full modern kitchen and a nice rear bedroom, with separate restroom. The other room was on the 1st floor and had a nice kitchenette, with a front porch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rob C
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place was way better than I hoped. We stayed in one of the casitas next to the pool and right on the beach. The perfect spot for watching the sunrise. The staff was helpful and friendly. The maids did a great job keeping the sand out of our room. They seemed to know when we were gone and our room was always clean when we returned. WiFi speed was pretty good. It's a great location too, nice and quiet, and within walking distance of great restaurants and bars. Don’t miss Wayo’s which is right down the beach. Definitely snorkel Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley. Take a catamaran to Caye Caulker for the day on the Marley Jean with Captain Chris. I definitely recommend Caye Casa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JakeD4455
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We booked a last minute trip over Memorial Day weekend (sorry, took me a while to post this) and were delighted that we lucked upon Caye Casa.  It was a nice, intimate property that felt more like a B&B.  We had the lower unit by the pool / check in desk. Shane was great with getting us checked in and oriented, and helped us with restaurant suggestions and arranged for bike rental.  The bedroom was "cozy" but had a nice closet/shelf storage unit with a safe. The bathroom was very big, and it seemed a little odd to have such an open shower area, but lack of any curtain or enclosure didn't seem to cause issues (with splashing or draining).  The other rooms were large and open, with a very big living room / dining room / kitchen area. (Made me wish I had friends in San Pedro to entertain!) Kitchen was nicely equipped - we made breakfast every morning but one, and enjoyed eating out on the front porch area. There's a nice bakery and a little grocery store around the corner for supplies.  The pool was strange - as has been noted, it's little more than a plunge pool / bathtub. But we never used it or missed it.  We loved the laid back vibe of the area - close enough to walk or bike into "town" but far enough off the main drag to be away from any partying.  This was a perfect fit for our style of travel - comfortable with all the necessities, but not stuffy or "resorty".  Looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori W
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I hate writing bad reviews but this does not deserve so many great reviews. We had room #2.
When we walked in the toilet was dirty, the shower had a piece of moldy soap on the floor, along with what looked like a hair glob. The room is tiny, the bathroom door hits the bed. The shower has no curtain or door.. Or shampoo so bring your own shampoo.
When I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night I am glad I was wearing my flip flops because little bugs scurried into the crack by the shower.
The people there are super nice and accommodating but the hotel is in need of a make over. The location is good as it's a close walk to the "town".
The bakery around the corner had very good pastries.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lgrn22Ny
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I did a fair amount of research before booking Caye Casa, and I was not disappointed. I spent five nights at this wonderful botique hotel. I stayed in one of the classic rooms. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was large with an open shower and local hand made soap (I ordered some to bring home for gifts). The bedroom had air conditioning, a large bed, television, small refrigerator, safe, bottled water and dining utensils. The staff (George and Captain Boxter) were very friendly and professional. The views were gorgeous and the location perfect. The area around the hotel is quiet, but it is just a short walk to the hustle and bustle of San Pedro Town. The German Sheppard (Reef) that protects the hotel and guests is amazing. She instinctively knows who belongs on the property and who does not. She is a sweetheart that is an invaluable asset to the property. I don't think I could have been happier with my choice to stay at Caye Casa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo