After walking and biking all up and down the coast of Ambergris Caye, I am still positive that Caye Casa has the best restaurants and activities. The big resorts are way further away, meaning that you have to spend your time taking a water taxi, renting a cart, or taking a land taxi. Since we ate out for most meals, that would have been a real hassle! The location is still quiet at night. It's one of the few places near town that actually has a beach out front for sunbathing, reading, etc. The service was excellent -- I'm fairly sure that we drove the office manager, Shane, crazy with all of our questions, but he never let on and continued to give us great service. Our room was roomy and quite comfortable. The only thing we probably wouldn't do again was book a trip with Captain Boxter -- we just found the price to be too high in comparison to other snorkeling tours, although he only takes 2-4 people out at a time so you do get that. We however liked meeting other guests on our other tours and liked that they provided drinks and a longer time to snorkel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caye Casa offers boutique lodging on the Caribbean Sea. Convenient, peaceful and private, it is a ten minute leisurely stroll on the beach to the center of San Pedro Town. The three villas, two casitas, and three classic rooms make a big impression with thatch porches, modern amenities, a waterfall pool, the beach and pier. Wooden shutters. Wireless internet. AC. TV. Personalized guest service is the house specialty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Caye Casa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caye Casa Hotel San Pedro
- Caye Casa Belize/San Pedro