“Cute Little Hideaway”

Royal Caribbean Resort
Ranked #35 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Firstly, I am not giving the resort 5 stars because I am not sure if the issues I am going to write about have anything to do with it being "off season." The customer service,cabanas and the pool were the best thing about the resort. The beach was never cleaned of sea grass or the Man-of-Wars that washed up along the beach. The street side is nothing to see even though when the trees grow taller, the park area will be beautiful and hide the view of the water tower and commercial buildings in plain view. The poolside bar was closed and I was looking forward to that, and there were men constantly painting, building structures and cleaning. Again I realize this is off season and can only compare this resort to one of the higher end ones I stayed at before. We pretty much paid for a cabana and a pool, so it will depend on what you expect while on vacation.
Good Stuff: The pool is large, crystal clear and my Hubby and I had it to ourselves. The little "lagoon" on the far end of the beach has little tropical fish and thousands of hermit crabs to marvel at. The air conditioning in the cabanas will freeze you to death-in a good way and there is plenty of hot water for the showers. Only issue is the ceiling for the bathroom does not go to the top so anyone in the cabana can hear your business. Bring a few safety pins for the curtains because they are usually clipped to the side-if you want some privacy. All-in-all it was a great stay because I love San Pedro. If you want quiet, secluded simplicity this is your place. It would have been even better with that beach side bar ;)

Room Tip: Try to book close to the beach. Rent a golf cart, because it is a further walk from town then you th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bluepill1

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We changed our plans last minute and headed to San Pedro for a 2 night stay at Royal Caribbean. We definitely enjoyed our own little cottage and found the value for money at this hotel was great. They were very helpful with local suggestions of restaurants and activities and we found it easy to call cabs and walk to nearby restaurants. The hotel is south of San Pedro so if you are headed into town it is a $10 Belize cab ride or you can rent golf carts to drive in.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chukes17
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm a 33 year old woman, traveling by myself and had such a wonderful experience at Royal Caribbean from the time I booked to the time I left.

They helped me plan all of my diving trips and golf-cart rental - everything they handled was perfect, enjoyable and professional. All of their tour partners were amazing as well!

The resort itself was awesome. My only complaint was there was no bar/restaruant so, when I wanted something close-by (without going the couple miles into town) I had to walk a few doors down to a neighboring hotel. However, I believe they are currently in the process of building a restaurant/bar - so that should hopefully not be an issue for long.

The place was clean and, as a single traveler, I felt perfectly safe.

It is a little ways from town so you need to rent a golf cart (about $70 USD a day) or take cabs ($5 USD each way) if you want to go to town. But the good part of that is that it's a little more private. So it just depends what you want. If you want to walk everywhere and have tons of conveniences...you may want to stay closer to town. But that's not out of any fault of the Royal Caribbean. If you want something a little more private, with lots of space (each room is it's own cottage with mini-kitchen), than this is definitely the place for you!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Kasi H
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We made a last minute decision to go to San Pedro for Memorial Day weekend. As we looked for a place to stay, we want a little bit of peace and quite. Well, we found it! The RCR is located outside of San Pedro on the southern end of town. Golf carts and taxis are available if you need transportation. It's more like individual villas than it is hotel rooms. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. RCR has a very large pool and it is right on the ocean. I can't say enough about the staff. They treated us like family! They went above and beyond to make our stay great. I would recommend the RCR to couples and families looking to get away from the noise of the city night life. Stay here again? Of course, I would and recommend that you do too.

Room Tip: Just talk with Yoram, he will take care of you.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Have you ever wanted your very own little cottage by the sea? I have, and for 3 days I had one. It had a kitchenette right off of the charming, wicker-furnished living room, a separate bedroom with a huge cupboard for my paraphernalia, & a long bathroom with a tiled area for sitting on while I showered if I felt like it. I didn't feel like it, but I could have and that made me happy. It was all so lovely and peaceful & just what I needed. I slept better than I had in a while! I didn't have any trouble with insects either, and I even liked the lighting; it was not harsh like some places.The air conditioning was great on hot nights too. I liked that it had a remote control so I didn't have to get up once in bed.
The Resort is a ways from the Water Taxi dock, but doable even if you're travelling alone as I was. I don't have my full license yet, so I was able to make an arrangement with a taxi service as soon as I got off the boat. He gave me his card and I just called when I wanted to go somewhere. It cost $15BZ per trip. You can rent a bike cheaper from the office if you are very ambitious, or walk the mile to the nearest grocery store-in perfect safety even during the evening. (I was a single woman alone and did just fine; everyone there is very friendly and helpful.)
Gilbert, at the front desk, was especially helpful when it came to me getting wi-fi. It's available in the air-conditioned office until 8 pm and he got me set up and was great company too. You can sit on the porch for longer with the bugs if you want, but I chose not to. The office also has a small fridge with coke or water you can buy for $1BZ each. Great during the hot days. Select cabins also have wi-fi, but you have to ask for the numbers near the office end rather than the beach end when you book.
I enjoyed sitting on the lawn chairs on the little white beach, & swimming in the lg oval pool. Its crystal-clear-clean & overlooks the sea. I met some of my fellow cabin dwellers there and we had a nice chat. The dock is good for snorkeling around too. Rays swim right under it, along with colourful fish and the odd jellyfish. There are box ones around this location, so keep your eyes peeled. I found that the creatures in the sea are not really interested in killing you for sport, so just be respectful and you'l be fine. Aside from that, they are pretty awesome to see!
If you don't feel like cooking, there is a restaurant next door. It does not come with these cabins but is very close by and gorgeous. I am glad I made at least one trip there. It was worth it.
All in all I am so glad I chose the Royal Caribbean Resort. It suited my needs perfectly. I would highly recommend it for families, for couples wanting privacy, or for anyone just wanting to get away for a bit on their own. They really are charming little cottages by the sea.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose a cabin near the office, not the sea, if you want wi-fi.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Jan W
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Royal Caribbean Resort and would highly recommend the resort to all who are planning a trip to San Pedro. Yoran and Carice as well as all of the staff were so friendly and helpful and really made the place feel like home. They were there to answer any questions we had, and helped us with booking tours and confirming tours that we had already planned. We were able to rent a golf cart on site for a reasonable price and the resort is just a short ride from downtown San Pedro. Our private cabin was large and spacious and had everything we needed including a fridge and a microwave. The resort has the largest pool on San Pedro and we used it a few times during our stay. There is also a small stretch of private beach onsite and there are chairs there to lie out and enjoy the sun and breeze. We really enjoyed our stay and hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I'm afraid that if I tell you how I truly feel about the Royal Caribbean Resort and the people who work and manage the property, it won't stay the secret gem that our group knows it to be. However, Gilbert and Almira do such a great job that they deserve an awesome Trip Advisor review. I am a leader for a family mission trip for our church. Each spring break we travel to San Pedro to work with a local church. RCR is the perfect spot for our group to create a hybrid feel between a service trip and vacation. There are so many things about the resort that works for groups like ours. Parents like the safe feeling the resort provides. Teens love the huge pool and beach. We all like the stand-alone structures that are private and quiet and of course our business manager loves the price. Gilbert and Almira are very helpful with finding food, getting transportation arranged, and meeting the needs of the group. I highly recommend checking out RCR for your next stay at San Pedro.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family