Conch Shell Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in San Pedro
See available hotels
Holiday Hotel(San Pedro)
Ruby's Hotel(San Pedro)
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)
  • Pool
All reviewsconch shellswater taxiin townlarge verandaferry dockworked finemini fridgebeds were comfortablecoffee potair conditioningperfect locationwithin easy walking distancethree nightsbeach frontbelize citylounge chairsscuba diving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Great location ....... right on the beach and CLOSE to everything.. Great price for what you get. Clean rooms...... I would pay the extra and stay up stairs. The rooms are bigger and you get a coffee pot, small fridge and a small kitchen area......

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Living on the mainland and visiting San Pedro often I enjoy staying here
for the nice rooms at an a decent price. The location is excellent to go
any where in town and the nearby dive shops.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I have stayed at many places on Ambergris Caye, The Conch Shell is very accommidating. The beds are terrific, very restful, sheets are nice and fresh. There is a nice room refrigerator in the upstairs rooms, I don't know anything about the downstairs. The porch has a lovely view, there are chairs and table everywhere. Nice outside shower for after the beach. Clean towels daily. For the price, the value is excellent.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2010

They have a great location, and I've heard that they have done a refurbishment on the property, and they are inexpensive, which is why we used to take student groups out there. But the last time we used them, well I'll copy what I put on a forum post.

I usually chime in here since we used this hotel a few times for school groups. This was pre-renovation, and if they got a new caretaker with the new look, then they might have it together. They tried to screw us royally once, in fact they did since the rates they gave us over the phone were jacked up once we got there. We had no choice but to use them since we had every room there and at another hotel. They gave us no service, and didn't even give us some sets of keys. When we left, they tried to charge us for the keys. They obviously didn't realize how they were ultimately hurting themselves since we would never take a group there again. But the caretaker was about the most ornery person in Belize, and deserves a bad review. Come on, screwing a Catholic junior college!

On principle, I would highly recommend not using them for your stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank DrFeelAwesome
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Group Leader,
Just "for the record", we became owners May, 2008 and after a large renovation, rented our first rooms in late June, 2008! After your review was initially posted (I was crushed and writing a management response was foreign) I personally took time to locate, call and email. I also offered a fabulous deal to any future groups and offered yourself a complimentary stay to check us out. It has been 3 years and we have never met.
Being totally uninvolved with your experience but totally affected by your review I would sincerely hope, as a leader/teacher/mentor to our youth, that you might find the time to take us up on our offer to write another review!

"Just for the record" the previous owner is one of the most lovely individuals to walk the island, so your comments, from 5 years ago are still a "head scratcher". Your timing, being on the cusp of selling/closing a family home/business of over 30years is most likely the culprit!
Looking forward to hosting your stay in the very near future!
joan

Reviewed January 13, 2010

Close to everything. It's a little loud outside, but you'll get the same noise from any of the hotels along the beach. Excellent price - big rooms, and internet! Just right for people who don't need a lot of luxury,

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends