“Great Location, Nice Staff!”
Review of Conch Shell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Conch Shell Inn
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 1 night in May. Great location right off the Caye Caulker Water Taxi dock. We stayed in an upstairs room that had great views of the water and a good breeze. The beds were super comfy. The bathroom and shower area were made of glass block, so hopefully you’re comfortable with your fellow travelers because it was pretty see through. They stored my luggage for me after check out as I was on a snorkel trip until after check-out time. They also had a little outdoor shower that I was able to use to rinse the salt water off when I picked up my luggage. Personally I prefer Caye Caulker to San Pedro (didn’t see the rest of Ambergris Caye), but if I did visit again I would definitely stay here. The location and staff were perfect!

Room Tip: Upstairs, end (far left or far right) units had the best views and the Hammocks in front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey M
There are newer reviews for Conch Shell Inn

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights in a ground floor room. Overall we had a good stay and enjoyed being here.

The hotel is near the centre of town, just of the jetty for the Caye Caulker water taxi. This is good to be near all the restaurants snd activities, but it can be a bit noisy. It is also smack on the beach, with the sea just 10 yards from the door.

The room itself was big with two beds. There was no air con but the windows have slat shutters that you can leave partly open to take advantage of the sea breeze. Despite no aircon we were not too hot at night. The room was very clean and was cleaned daily to remove all the sand we had dragged in from the beach.

The shower room is basic and the shower was OK (although a bit more water pressure would be nice). A jug of purified water was also provided for us on arrival.

In front of the room are hammocks and loungers for the shared use of hotel guests. These were great to relax in during the heat of the day.

The hotel doesn't do breakfasts but there are plenty of places nearby to eat overlooking the sea.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at Conch Shell twice in the last month. I found it to be an excellent bargain and met all my needs. Room was clean and staff was friendly and very accommodating. Location is great for people watching and is very centrally located. Had many emails back and forth with owner and found her to be very prompt in making arrangements. I will stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend it to someone who is looking for a basic clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Appreciated Conch Shell Guest,
Thank you so much for making our day. Having wonderful guests, like yourself, provides such positive energy to exceed our guests expectations and keeps everyone smiling!!
We will look forward for the opportunity to host your stay in the future!
Warm regards,
joan

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Myself and 15 family members stayed at the Conch Shell this past Jan. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing experience. The staff was fantastic! The location is excellent! The rooms were clean and comfortable. This is NOT a 5 star resort with a pool and sealed up rooms with ice cold AC. In other words, a resort experience that you can't tell if you're in Belize or San Diego. If that's the experience you want, then look elsewhere. BUT If you are looking to experience island life in Belize, then this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank spec_ops007
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is in a great location right in the middle town, the rooms are basic the beds are comfortable, they do need to get new pillows . And maybe a mirror in the room would be nice as well. But overall you can't go wrong if you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Extremely friendly well maintained and a very helpful staff. Great location right on the beach,center of town, great bar next door "choulos" Lilly's restaurant wonderful staff amazing food.everyting in walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Mr. Wonderful Reviewer,
Thank you so much! We truly do care about our guests and their experience on the island!
We know how precious "getaways" are and are very flattered by your unsolicited review!!
Thanks so much for making our day!!
Warm regards,
joan

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had a great stay here! The location is perfect if you want to be close to the Dive Shops and in the Heart of San Pedro town. The price is right, accomodations are adequate, it's not a luxury resort with all the bells and whistles, nor does it "pretend" to be! It is however comfortable and you simply cannot beat the location. No A/C but if you need A/C it is available for a small extra charge! The ocean breeze and fans provided enough comfort so I didn't need the A/C. I had a room downstairs but would take one upstairs next time.

I can't say enough good things about the Owners and the staff. Extremely friendly and helpful with lots of good information and advice about San Pedro and Ambergris Caye! Thanks Joan for the conversations and friendship. I will be be back sooner, rather than later, and the Conch Shell Inn is where I will stay again!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have a better view and ocean breeze. If you want quiet, ask for a room away from the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo