“San Pedro at it's best!”
Review of Conch Shell Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Conch Shell Inn
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“San Pedro at it's best!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Being our second trip to San Pedro, we wanted to be in town to check out the local life experience instead of being out of town. The Conch Shell was perfect. Right in the mix of all the action. No need for a golf cart or bicycle to get around and right on the beach steps away from the local diving shops and water taxi. Very clean , no bugs, and what a view. A MUST check out for any one returning or for the first time. GREAT staff always wanting to help with your stay! Check it out!!!!!!

We will be back again.
Thanks Conch Shell Inn

Room Tip: The upper rooms are the best view to sit and people watch .
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric C
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for the nice review. It was a real pleasure to host your stay on the island!!
joan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Libby, Montana
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This cute hotel was just like the pictures on their web site. It is right on the beach so there is a lot to watch from your balcony. Things get bustling early in the morning since the ferries and dive boats are right out front. Everything I needed was within walking distance so no need for a golf cart. Most people walk, bike, or rent a golf cart. Next door is a friendly local's bar with cold beer including Heiniken (hard to find elsewhere). My room had everything I needed including a ceiling fan and a floor fan. The room had windows in the front and rear so at night the cross breeze was enough to keep me cool. This was in April so in the summer I imagine some people spring the extra $ for an A/C. I recommend a room on the second floor for the best breeze and people-watching. The rooms next to the side street leading to the water might be a bit noisy in the mornings. The staff was friendly and helpful. Fresh water for pitcher in your room is available in the office. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms catch the ocean breezes best.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lori B
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I was headed to san Pedro for a one day get away and to enjoy the local sites. I wasn't fond of paying and arm and a leg for a one night stay so I decided to give Conch Shell a chance. I was pleasantly impressed. The staff was warm and friendly and took the time to tell me about local issues and country related issues. This was refreshing as most staff are too busy to stop and have a general conversation with the guests. The location is the best you can get , it I literally steps from the water taxi dock. I was very pleased and when I return I will happily stay at the conch shell. For the person who was disappointed with the no refund policy, sadly that's pretty consistent with most businesses. We all have to remember it is a business. Keep in mind we all have to eat and refunding money is not typically a favorable option.

To the people who wrote great reviews, thank you, you greatly influenced my decision.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank devaughn1972
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I decided to stay at Conch Shell after reading the reviews. Great location with many dive shops to choose from. Also on the beach within any easy walk to restaurants and bars. We lost Internet for a little while and the water was off the day I left, but that was a town issue. Expect to get up early with the boats in front and the town behind.
The rooms were more than adequate and very comfortable with both fans going. Eleanor was a pleasure. If you need anything, she is happy to help.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Donbethesda
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and the kind review!
Our goal is to offer our guests a clean, affordable great place
to stay on the beach and exceed their expectations!
Will let Eleanor know of your kind remarks!!
Again, thank you for choosing our Conch Shell Inn!!
Anchorage
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

The room was dirty when we check in. There were trash in the drawers, the lamp bulb was not working. Make sure you ask the room rate $ if you want air conditioning.

• Stayed April 2012
ConchShellInn, Owner at Conch Shell Inn, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Dear Conch Shell Guest,
There is never an excuse for a dirty room. I know we have been sold out most of the season and our maid/manager has worked very hard to maintain our "western standard" in Belize!
She has received many compliments on trip advisor and personal notes to myself!
We have however had "occasional" help to give her some needed family time off!!
We appreciate your informing us as we have since implemented "checks" to be sure this will never happen again!! Our goal is to insure our guests a fabulous stay on the island which includes a fabulous room at a wonderful rate and to exceed their expectations!!!
If in Belize again, please return for a complimentary night!!
Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed here with a friend and was very impressed. Most hotels in San Pedro are very pricey. This hotel is affordable and a good deal. They have nice clean rooms and it is located right on the beach in the downtown area of San Pedro, walking distance to everything. I made friends with the manager and the owner. I look forward to going back soon. This is not a 5 star resort, but you do have everything that you need and the Inn keeper takes good care of you. It is a little lound at night since it is located downtown.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dougzihua
Green Bay, WI
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed 7 nights at the Conch Shell Inn. This was our first trip to San Pedro and wanted to be right in town so we could walk everywhere. There are 5 rooms on the lower level and 5 on the top with a large veranda. The rooms are simple but very clean and functional. This isn't a fancy resort but who needs all the extra amenities when everything is right in town and just a stroll away. We loved the view in the morning with coffee on the veranda.The only two things I would inform others of is that you will be woken up early. Things start moving in San Pedro around 5:00AM and the sound carries right into your room. Not a big deal, just a warning. The other is that beach towels are not provided so bring your own or buy one in town, that's what we did.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple