I woud certainly recommend the Palms to anyone staying on Ambergris Caye. We stayed in the Casita (the one free-standing unit next to the pool). Although there was no ocean view, we certainly didn't miss it. It felt as though we had our own private house and pool.
Another nice amenity was the utility sink located outside which made it very convenient to rinse out our scuba gear. Nice touch, I wish every hotel offered this feature.
If you're interested in diving, the dive shop in right next door at Ramon's. be sure you ask for Turiano as your dive master. We went on 3 dive trips with him and he showed us some amazing sights.
Restaurants: Went to Pineapple Grill (at Ramon's), Lazy Croc BBQ (didn't see any crocs, sorry), Blue Water Grill, Pinocchio's, Red Ginger (great food, odd atmosphere), Hidden Treasure and Sunset Grill (fed the fish and one ate my ring!). All were really good.
Love this place! Would certainly go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro