The Palms Oceanfront Suites
$295
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$148
$280
  • Breakfast included
$349
  • Pool
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
$299
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsperfect locationclose to townwalking distance to the airportgolf cartambergris cayeocean viewfirst floorbedroom condodrinking wateroffice staffthe ground floorbook excursionsfull kitchenwe've stayedbeach frontstayed daysbeds were very comfortable
Reviewed March 3, 2009

We just got back from out stay at Palms Oceanfront Suites on Ambergris Caye. This was a very special trip because we reunited after being apart for several months.
I cannot even begin to explain how much I miss the Palms oceanfront suites. The staff is incredibly attentive, make sure to email them with any questions or suggestions and they will respond promptly. This hotel is very close to town, within walking distance, but far enough to avoid the noise... and every room besides the poolside casita is oceanfront!!!
All of the rooms have full kitchens with all the pots, pans, blender, microwave, utensils... we tried to make smoothies in the morning, but with so many fabulous restaurants around it was difficult! Our favourite meals were at Elvi's, and the best breakfast we had was at this little taco joint next to the French bakery where it was like 3 little tacos for 1 belize dollar/50 cents US. A place where the locals would go eat. We kept ordering more because they were so yummy! We didn't get sick at all from the food, and I normally have a very sensitive stomach!
The shopping is mediocre on the island.... if you need to buy gifts for ppl back home I suggest the "Kakaw" artisan chocolate bars. I bought six and ate 2 myself already.. should have bought more! Absolutely delicious. Also ask the guy at Greenhouse to pick you a pineapple that is ripe... I cannot tell you how much I miss the pineapple from Belize. The fruit here in Canada tastes sour and bland.
You can rent golf carts from the Palms for half day or full day if you decide to go explore the island. Also for 10 bucks a day you can get a hammock on your oceanfront balcony for the length of your stay.
The staff, Ana, Melinda, the Management - husband and wife, the Security guards, cleaning staff, are all really genuinely kind and helpful. Everyone works hard.. it was really reassuring to see the security keeping an eye out even in the middle of the night. We were thoroughly impressed. We were given a gorgeous 2 bedroom executive condo...If I had hundreds of thousands of dollars around I would buy a condo unit in a heartbeat!!! But for now our plan is to come back in July... and I guess that is the biggest compliment to the Palms, that the customers want to come back.
Thank you for everything, the property is managed perfectly.
- Miki and Andreas :)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunshineMOntario
Reviewed February 28, 2009

My sister and I stayed here for a week. I was intent on completing my scuba certification in clear, blue water. It all worked out great. Perfect place. It's right in the middle of everything, but like an oasis. The grounds are shaded and tropical, with a great beachfront and plenty of shade on your porch. The staff can't do enough for you and the price was super. Our condo had a master bedroom and a small second sleeping area which made my sister's stay more comfortable than it would have been on a fold-out couch. Because each unit is individually owned they are all furnished and decorated a bit differently, but tasteful and functional. I saw three and was impressed by all of them. I dove with White Sands and loved the 6 dives I did. Elbert Greer and his staff are first rate. One day my sister and I took the ferry to Caye Caulker. The island is the way the Caribbean was 25 years ago. If you go, look for Nick who drives a golf cart taxi. He gave us a great tour of the island for a reasonable price. On Ambergris, be sure to stop at "The Crazy Canuck" for lots of local color and buy some chocolate chip cookies from "The Cookie Lady". You can't miss her. Have fun and make time to see "La Isla Bonita". Lovely people and The Palms is a real find.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2009

The Palms exceeded my expectations. The accomodations were great, as well as the location. The staff were attentive and kept the place spotless! Everything was within easy walking distance. I hope to go back very soon!

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed February 23, 2009

There are many places to stay in San Pedro, but the clincher for us staying at The Palms were two things: the price and the recommendation I read. Ambergris Caye can be an expensive place -- everything is shipped to the island. Thanks to internet reviews like this one, I learned of many places NOT to stay. Yet, every place still seemed costly. So, when we called The Palms and they offered us a great price (lower) on their units, we jumped at the opportunity. For the first 4 nights, we stayed in their Casita which is very quaint and private -- you almost have the pool to yourself. However, once we got to the 2-br unit for our final 2 nights, we thought, "wow, I wish we had spent the last 4 nights here, too." The view from our ground floor unit was magnificent....you're only about 20 yards from the water. We appreciated the fact that the units were well airconditioned and clean (save for a few ants in the casita). The housekeepers even washed our dishes, which was unexpected. They even rake the sand around the units and office which my son loved messing up; but it was a nice touch and made everything seems so neat (they also rake the beach to make it look nice everyday). The accomodations couldn't have been more comfortable, convenient and scenic. There's no restaurant at The Palms but there are plenty of others nearby. Besides, ask the staff for just about anything and they'll probably get it for you. And, you won't find a friendlier group than the folks who work at The Palms -- they took good care of us. I must add, too, one of the biggest pleasures of Belize and the island was the frienliness of the people. It's not a forced frienliness that you get, for instance, in Hawaii (imo). It seems genuine and, the consequence is that you start saying hello and chatting it up with complete strangers -- the camraderie and friendliness are that contagious. Other pluses: you can use the US dollar, plenty of ATM's, everyone speaks English, plentiful restaurants, no shoes required :)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank zehutiman
Reviewed February 20, 2009

Ideal location! Nice big rooms! Very friendly staff. Highly recommend staying here. You can walk to all restaurants, shop, and town area. Right on the beach with beautiful views.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple