We just returned from our third trip to Belize and our third stay at The Palms. We keep returning to The Palms because it is a perfect location (quick walk to the airport and San Pedro town, and right on the beach), it is quiet, it is extremely comfortable, has a gorgeous pool surrounded by tropical trees and plants, and the grounds are well maintained by a caring, genuinely friendly staff. We have stayed in 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom units here -- each one has its own decor, but they share amenities like AC, ceiling fans, drinking water, and kitchen with full size fridge/freezer, oven/stove, microwave, and coffee maker.
Favorite memory: Spending each morning with a cup of coffee and a book on our ocean-view balcony, listening to the sounds of the beach starting its day, with the wind rustling the palm fronds overhead. It sounds like a freakin' travel brochure, but it's real!
Getting out and about: The hotel has several bikes that you can borrow to explore the island (perfect for riding up and down the beach), and the staff are happy to arrange snorkeling / diving excursions for you. We went on the Bacalar Chico tour and it was fantastic! We saw manatees and dolphins before our first snorkeling stop. And the beach BBQ was delicious. A fun time all around
Local food and drink picks: Make sure to try Wild Mango's (a few minutes' walk up the beach) for lunch or dinner. Also, bring home a bottle of the local rum (1-Barrel Rum) so you can pretend you're back in Belize until you get back for real.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro