My family and I (husband & 2 kids, 13 &10) just came back from a fabulous stay at The Palms. We were there for 2 weeks (end of Jan.- beginning of Feb) and everything was just perfect. I did a great deal of research before deciding on The Palms. It paid off. We were close enough to town to walk in when we wanted, and the beach front is the best this close to town. The condo was clean and spacious. It's true that the pool is a little shady, but I found this refreshing after sunning. Generally, you cannot just walk-in and snorkel on AC, you need to go on a snorkel trip to Hol Chan, but we snorkeled off the beach at The Palms and swam to the end of Ramon's pier and it was just fine for a diversion during the day.
Prior to our trip, Ana in the front office responded quickly to my e-mails and was very helpful. We stayed in a 2 bedroom on the 2nd floor. The first floor does have large front patios, but privacy can be an issue. Also, you would need to lock your sliders. We kept our screen sliders closed and left the glass doors open all the time. We had no bug issues at all. The Palms is not a luxury resort, so if that's what you are looking for there are other places to stay on AC. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, convenient condo that is reasonably priced, The Palms is the place!!!!
AC is a great place to vacation the following are some things we learned during our stay:
We liked SEAduced for snorkeling tours as well as a guy named Brady Ewen-Smith. He is located on the Belize Yacht Club pier.
Brady hooked us up with Carlo Gonzalez for an amazing mainland tour. Carlo is cheaper than other tours we looked at, and really customizes your trip. He's incredibly knowledgeable!
When booking tours, always go directly to the source, rather than booking through the front desk. It's a cheaper route, also, many tours places give you a 10% discount if you pay in cash.
The Bayside Bar is a new place owned by ex-pats from Florida. From The Palms (road side, not beach), you make a right and then a left and keep going straight. It's tucked away at what appears like a dead end. Tell Samantha the bartender that the Patriot's fans from Massachusetts sent you!
I could go on & on about AC. Suffice it to say that we loved Ambergris Caye and we are already planning our next trip. Of course we'll be staying at The Palms!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palms is ideally located on the beach a minutes walk south of San Pedro Town. The property features 12 oceanfront 1 and 2 bedroom fully furnished suites and a poolside Casita. All the units are individually decorated, have a/c, full kitchens and have unmatched ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Palms Oceanfront Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palms Oceanfront Hotel San Pedro
- The Palms Oceanfront Suites Belize/San Pedro