“dive trip”

Ranked #31 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
kentucky
“dive trip”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

we were looking for a reasonable priced place to stay for our 9 day trip and found it. we stayed in a king bedroom with its own bathroom and tv .
the housekeeping was great ,staff at bar was very nice and the pizza was great as stated.
cindy was great and very helpful and made sure sure things were in order as for reservations we wanted to do .
and Peter (Pedro )the owner was a joy and attentive and made sure we were happy which we were ....so much to see and do and on a budget we had a blast and recommend pedro`s to all and have done so to freinds here at home Duane and Eva

PS and as for youngConnoisseur`s review maybe he should go for the 5 star posh pads at american express prices :0

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
pedro101, Manager at Pedro's Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
We miss you! The diving here is really amazing, I'm so pleased you enjoyed it as much as I do.
We look forward to seeing you again soon, we like happy people!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
Houston, TX
Reviewed March 5, 2010

I went to San Pedro Island with my 3 best friends and stayed at the Pedro Inn, owned by Peter Lawerence. It was affordable, comfortable, and the hospitality was unbeatable! Peter and Walter treated us like friends. They gave excellent suggestions of where and what to do to optimize our stay. At night, there was a popular restaurant and bar on property that had the best fresh pizza I've ever had. If you're looking to save pennies on where you sleep and really enjoy the island, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING HERE!! I guarantee you will feel and be speaking like a local in no time. By the way, Nike's are like gold on the island!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank MorganCargill
pedro101, Manager at Pedro's Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Walter says hi! How much Creole do you think you can remember? I'll be testing you next time you come over! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again
Fresno, California
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This place is so cheaply constructed I doubt it will still be standing in a month. The rooms are separated by single pieces of drywall and the floor is covered with contact paper. The walls are so thin that you can hear the person in the next room cough...which would be fine it thats all you heard, but our neighbor was partying with 10 people till 2am and you could hear everything! There is no place to set your bag, no nightstand or anything. Cockroaches run around at night. The bed was incredibly uncomfortable. If it really was $20 a night maybe I would consider it, but for $50 NO WAY- NEVER again. The pizza was not even good- I don't know what people are talking about. The rooms do have tv, ac and hot water. The hotel pool is great....also a great place to be eaten alive by bugs, but that is true of most of the island. You don't want to hang in the room so most people are at the pool or the bar. The bar is smoky...all the time. Cindy is very nice and is good at setting up dives and such.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank youngConnoisseur
Förslöv
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We found this place on the internet and made the reservation after a talk to Peter. He also put us on the Tropic Air fligth from Belize City to Ambergris caye. Pedros Inn is just 10 minutes walk from the airport. They have good beers, Margueritas and of course the PIZZAS. After exploring San Ignacio, Tikal, Hopkins, PG and PLacencia, we returned to Pedros for our last night in Belize. It was great to spend a couple of hours by the pool before going back to Sweden. If you plan on going diving or having your diving licence, trust Cindys advice on going with Amigos. Full service!

Take care/ Anneli and Göran

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed January 18, 2010

When you stay at Pedro's you will hopefully have the pleasure of being met by Cindy. She is one of the most friendly and helpful Hotel Managers I have met in my travels. This extended post vacation as well, after I arrived home and found I had left my camera charger in the wall socket of my room. The cleaning staff turned it in and Cindy sent it to me registered mail back to Canada. Its the kind of service you expect from a 4 star hotel not budget accommodation. Truely great service

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
oz
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Great place to stay on San Pedros. Boasts cheapest stay in town, and is well worth what you pay. Rooms are cosy and clean, and safe. Staff are also really friendly and trustworsty. I accidently left my camera behind and they offered to ship it home for me.

Would recommend to any body looking for a basic accomodation that has all you need.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I must say staying at Pedros Inn in San Pedro, on Ambergris Caye is for sure the place to stay while staying on this idyllic island. The rooms are clean, affordable, and the pool is a great size, plus the large deck is perfect for lounging. The hosts of the hotel, Peter, Cindy and Lori are all extremely helpful, and can get you the best rates on diving, snorkelling, or any excursion, plus they will guide you to the perfect eateries, and have extensive knowledge of the Island. The location is only a 5 minute stroll to the beach, and moments from town, perfectly close in location, yet a very quiet place to relax at the end of the day. Pedro's Pub, is of course super handy, the beers are ice cold, and the pizza is for sure the best on the island. I have travelled here many times, and have always stayed with Pedro, its a home away from home.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo