“Best little hotel in San Pedro!”
Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #30 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My daughter booked this hotel for our Belize getaway based on the excellent reviews for an excellent price. It definitely met or exceeded our expectations. We stayed in the newer addition. It was clean(maid service daily), the shower had hot water, the fan and air conditioner kept us cool. This place does back up to the local airport so if you stay in the cheaper rooms, you may be awakened about 7:00 when the planes start flying. We weren't especially bothered by this but then we generally were getting up by then anyway. The people were interesting and fun except for one night when a gang of younger people partied until 3:00 am throwing water off the third floor balcony and generally being rowdy. There was live music several nights while we were there which was fun but it didn't continue so far into the night that you couldn't get a decent nights sleep if you chose. The staff is very helpful. The morning we left, I asked if they could take us to the water taxi but they had no one available so they called a taxi for us. When I tried to pay him at our destination, he said Pedro's had taken care of it! A nice surprise. We left early...no fault of Pedro's and they told me since our room was booked through Expedia we normally wouldn't get a refund on our room but if they could resell it, we still might. Still waiting to see what will happen there. We didn't eat in the bar except for having a pizza one night which was good so I can't really say much about the food. Someone mentioned the pool not being clean but that wasn't our experience. Pedro's isn't on the beaten path but its a short walk to the main part of town. I recommend you turn right when you reach the 'main' cobbled street full of taxis and golf carts. Go about a block then turn left through the alley past the dive shop and you're on the beach path. A much more enjoyable walk than dodging the gas powered golf carts with their Nasty exhaust fumes on the Main Street which often has no sidewalk. We did not rent a golf cart while we were there as we wanted the exercise of walking and didn't want to add to the congestion or fight for parking in the main part of town. I think they would be fun if you want to go farther north or south of town but seem unnecessary for San Pedro itself. If you don't need 5 star accommodation, Pedro's is a great choice. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Unless you don't mind sharing a bathroom and can do without hot water, stay in the newer part of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Pedro's Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was not the Marriott, with coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and large rooms with table/desk and chairs. But Belize is not America. The price was right. The location was OK. Internet only in the common areas, not in the rooms, and that is not consistent (although I understand that is not the fault of the hotel). The beds were comfortable, The pools were nice for a dip, but not large enough for a swim. The pizza at their bar is truly great. We were in a room on the 3rd floor (no elevator). It is centrally located, 2 blocks from the main road on a dirt/mud/rocky road. So there are pluses and minuses to staying here. I'm not sure if I would go here again. I might opt for something closer to the beach (Pedro's is about 4 blocks away)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for three nights in October 2013 in a top floor room in the newer wing. Room was clean and there was a good amount of space. The owner/manager was extremely helpful and accommodating. It's nice having the bar onsite and neighboring hostel - provided a social atmosphere. Grocery store nearby. The walk towards the center of town takes ~15 minutes down some unpaved paths or no-sidewalk roads being shared with traffic, if that bothers you. It seemed like before it was possible to easily access the beach at nearby Ramon's Village Resort - when we were there, Ramon's was under construction from being burnt down and parts around the site were blocked off, so there might have been a quicker route but we didn't find it (accessed the shoreline each day via that alley that passes by the rotisserie chicken shop) . This hotel overall was a great budget option for us

Normally I'm apathetic about pizza, but the garlic shrimp pizza at Pedro's was quite tasty. Try it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank meeeohhmy
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here in September and couldn't have been happier. Great rooms with cable tv, air con and wifi. All the staff are very friendly and always willing to help if needed. Peter is a top bloke and nai is a great barman and always up for a laugh. The food was always good. Coldest beers in town and if you like jäger they have it on draught!! People who want to have fun and meet other travelers should look no further. All the best, Steve & Kristy (UK AND AUS)

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank stevethegooner
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

If your looking for a fun place to stay in San Pedro look no further! The rooms are comfortable and clean and great value! The bar is fun at night. I stayed here while doing some scuba diving and had some good post scuba fun in the bar afterwards. The staff are friendly, fun and the food is great. Best pizza I've had

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Benzo1066
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I spent 2 nights there, one at the beginning of my trip and one at the end. The room is basic, but clean, and a great value. VERY nice people - very helpful. A/C, hot water, private bathroom...what more do you need? The only issue for me was how far south of the airport this was. I was walking with my bag - I'd suggest getting a taxi, which is $10BD ($5USD) each way. Once I got my bag to the hotel walking around was NO problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank SueOut
Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a great place if you want value for your money. Nice rooms with nice beds and private bath. If you want value combined with great people, this is your place. Property also includes a bar and restaraunt that serves great food. Watch out for the bell.

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms are the nicest
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family