“Ring the bell!”
Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #30 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Look people, I've been around the block a few times. I have stayed in countless hostels and this one is tops! I also work in hospitality for a major resort so you could say I have some high standards. Simply put this hotel was amazing. The owner is very friendly, in fact so are all the staff! The pools are great and so is the bar! The food at the bar is wonderful too. Also if hostels aren't your scene then don't let that deter you there are very nice hotel style rooms with cable, private shower and air conditioning. There is also property wide wifi too. I stayed here for a week and loved every minute of my stay.

Room Tip: ask for the hotel lodge near the pool so you can get wifi access from your room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 24, 2013

after arriving at the island, we stayed a bit on the beach chatting with some locals and most of them recommened Pedro´s Inn from the start. So we followed the tip and were really happy we did so. This is one of the cleanest backpacker places I have seen in a long time. But to call them just a hostel would not be correct, they also have rooms for higher standards (Deluxe Rooms) which look like a little apartment, so something for almost everybody! They offer refill of water in the office (1 BZD) and Paul (Recepionist) is friendly and helpful with giving tips about which diving schools, places to go for a swim and restaurants to check out. They also rent bicycles which is a comfortable option to get around on the island. The premises have 2 quite big pools you can use. They got free wi-fi (funny password) and a bar on the ground level as well. I recommend the place whenever I speak about San Pedro and I will stay there again on my next trip to this Island! Thanks for all Peter!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just finished a nine day stay at Pedro's Hotel in the new annex, it was great. The staff were friendly as ever. I have stayed here five other times in the past two years and have never been disappointed in the cleanliness of the room or the service given by all the various staff members. It is the best rate for hotels on the island for the service you receive.

Room Tip: The new annex rooms are the place to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wow, it took me a while to write this review because I'm still processing my amazing experience.
I stayed at Pedros (the new hotel not the hostel part) for 3 weeks in March. The new hotel rooms are impeccably clean, brand new A/C units, comfortable king bed, Many TV channels. Unbeatable room rates. But you won't be interested in watching TV because Pedros is one of the most interesting places I have ever stayed. I have travelled the world and never found such a diverse international crowd all in one place. The British Red Berets, Norwegians, English, Italians, Armenians, Swedes, Americans etc. This is a place for any age. The social scene in the bar is sophisticated , funky and genuine. Although if you are a Grandparent who wants to sit around showing pictures of your Grandchildren and bragging about your life then this is not the place for you. Try Florida instead. This is a delightfully Hedonistic place with world class staff. What fun, can't wait to go back!
Say Hi to Paul, Nye, Will, Alex and of course Peter.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor so you can view all the fun down below!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 137Alex333
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at Pedro's for 2 nights - April 1st & 2nd. We stayed in a "deluxe" room that overlooks the pool. The room was large, clean & the bed was very comfortable (and big!). The room had A/C and cable TV. My only complaint about the room is that walls are paper thin. You can hear your neighbor pretty clearly. Our neighbor had their TV on and it wasn't loud but I could hear it when I was in bed. It didn't keep me from sleeping but if you are a light sleeper, you might have issues.

The grounds are comfortable and the pools are perfection on a hot day. We had pizza from the restaurant and I liked it - nothing spectacular but definitely hit the spot! The staff in the office was very helpful in coordinating dives & flights for us. I also like that you can charge things to the room from the bar/restaurant. Made it very convenient.

I would recommend Pedro's to friends and I would stay there again if I find myself in Ambergris Key again! :)

Room Tip: I would consider not getting a room overlooking the pool - might be quieter at night - although ever...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank u2girlie
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Pedro's Hotel for 5 days in March 2013. We found the rooms to be clean, spacious and well appointed given the price (TV, hot shower, ice cold A/C etc.). The staff was very attentive and helped us with all of our requests. The restaurant on the premises makes excellent pizzas and drinks. Overall, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend it to those who are on a budget and would rather spend extra money on activities around the area (diving, snorkeling, jet ski, land tours etc.). The hotel is about 10-15 minute safe, well lit walk from the "downtown" San Pedro. There is a great fruit stand around the corner where we bought all of our fresh fruits. We would definitely comeback to Pedro's if we are ever in Belize again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yakov16ru
Reviewed April 1, 2013

There are two parts to Pedros, the hostel style part and the hotel. I stayed in the hotel and was very happy with my choice. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a good hot shower and tv with lots of channels. They have an on site bar which is always lively and the place generally has a good atmosphere and an ideal choice for travellers on a budget, and also travellers on their own as it was very easy to socialise with others by one of the pools or the bar. I'm really glad I stayed there and had an amazing week in San Pedro!

Compared to other options in San Pedro it was really good value for money. For those really on a budget check out Pedros Inn on the same site which has very basic rooms with shared showers.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo