“2nd stay--Another Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pedro's Hotel

Pedro's Hotel
Ranked #31 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Swansboro, North Carolina
“2nd stay--Another Wonderful Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

The first time I stayed here was for six weeks but this past time was only for a bittersweet short two weeks. Firstly, the staff is wonderful: Cindy and Peter are very welcoming, selfless people who will answer to any request you have. Walter--what isn't great about Walter? Wonderful local who will point you out to the best restaurants and bars. Is also willing to take you to them on the golf cart! This was my first time meeting Paul, but he was also a pleasure. He even opened the office after it was closed for my convienence. Mary and Victor are also amazing employees. The staff is reall what makes this such a memorable stay.

The Inn is the cheapest place on the island and has everything you need while on your trip. Peter has also made several upgrades since last year (security cameras, wall decor, TV, end table, and lamp). Housekeeping is very trustworthy. I've had my laptop, Ipod, Iphone, and other valuables and nothing has ever been taken or mistreated. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about Pedro's and would choose them over a resort anyday!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
WInchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

We had an amazing time at Pedro's hotel. Staff was amazing (especially Cindy), made us feel very welcome and went above and beyond any requests we had. Rooms were very comfortable and even better, fantastically priced! We really enjoyed the scuba diving and there were loads of things to do on the island. A real unforgettable trip of a lifetime ;0)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Annadekretser
llantwit major, wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here a few times as I'm a keen scuba diver and I think the value for money it offers is great ! There's loads to do on the island and the staff at pedros can help you with any of the trips you want to do !

• Stayed February 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Everyone's so helpful with excursions, giving directions to places and helping u do whatever u please while on the island. Not only is the staff wonderful but also other travelers who stay st Pedro's inn are very fun!! Pool table, poker room, the bar, swimming pOol and hammocks. Best place to stay in Belize by far!!! Wendy

• Stayed March 2012
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I wish I could write good reviews like everyone else, and quite frankly I do not know how pedros got mostly good reviews unless most people didn't meet the owner.

The manager was the first and only rude person we came across in Belize, an English man named peter. we had the most rude welcoming from the very pompous owner, who made us feel as if we should bow down to his crappy service and behaviour. He squashed three of us into one twin room, our 3 suitcases couldn't even fit in the room so we had to move furniture into the bathroom. He told us he was going to put a fridge in our room. A day had passed and I went to ask him when will it be put in the room. The man then went on to shout at me saying I have attitude! He then went on and on about how I should be grateful to get a fridge as its not part of the service, he then went on to correct me on how I should have asked for the fridge! I barely got in an edge way to say I didn't ask in a bad way and he then interrupted me saying how he has thirty years of experience of dealing with attitude and the tone in my voice was edgy and how he doesn't appreciate it!

I was so disgusted by how he spoke to me, he ruined my day. I didn't pay all that money to be treated like a child being wrongfully told off by a pompous teacher. He is a very rude and disrespectful man that I tried to avoid for my whole stay. You can't complain about the rude service to the manager in this hotel because the rude service is coming from the manager. It's a hit or miss if you meet him. Best to go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank nutmeg321
pedro101, Owner at Pedro's Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
I would like to take a moment to respond personally to this review. There are a number of inaccuracies that need to be addressed about your stay with us at Pedro's Hotel.

1. You requested that the 3 of you stay in one room. It's disingenuous to complain after the fact about something that you asked for. All of our rooms are the same size and layout, so we can only do so much when 3 people request to be in the same room. And if you felt squashed in the room before receiving your fridge (which is not standard in any of our hotel rooms), I can't imagine how you felt after the fridge was placed in the room for you.

2. We offered to move you from Pedro's Hotel to another resort in order to accommodate you better, which you refused.

3. All of the staff went out of our way for you in multiple regards, and asked you every day you were with us if there was anything we could do to improve your stay. None of these issues where brought up to any of our staff.

4. You say the owner was rude which maybe he was but only as you walked into his office complaining about stuff that had nothing to do with him or the hotel but somehow it was deemed by you that he should be personally for all your woes and troubles.

We also fixed multiple issues for you that had nothing to do with your stay here, and helped to organize your travels elsewhere, where you repeatedly complained about a lack of service in every regard. Apparently it wasn't just Pedro's Hotel that you have an issue with. We provided detailed instructions and bookings for your travel by water taxi and bus to San Ignacio, which you disregarded. We cannot be held responsible if you choose not to follow the advice provided, and have issues with your hotel bookings elsewhere (which we had nothing to do with).

It seems that the entire country of Belize was not to your personal satisfaction. Unfortunately in a case like this there is nothing we could have done to make your stay an enjoyable one. You, and your two colleagues, are the only students from the organization that planned your trip that did not have a great time with us, as the organizer of your trip has assured us. As you seem to have even more issues that that organization than you do with Pedro’s, it leaves the impression that your review is more to attempt to gain a refund on the entire program than it is an actual problem with your stay at Pedro’s Hotel.

We always endeavour to make every guest feel welcome and taken care of. While we are not perfect, if there are ever issues, we do our upmost to fix them immediately when we are made aware of them. As you can see from other reviews, the level of service provided to our guests by our staff members is one of the defining characteristics or Pedro’s, and most guests are surprised at the level of service provided by a budget lodging option. If at any time you had made us aware of your issues we could have fixed them immediately. Unfortunately that did not happen in this case.
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed at Pedro's for 5 nites in a private hostel room with shared bathroom. The room is very basic with 2 single beds, a fan and glass shuttered window with screen. Pedro's has a small pool with nice lounge chairs, an area with hammocks under the trees, a pool table, small restaurant, poker room and bar. They rents bikes and kayaks, and have cold and hot drinks for sale in their office. I would recommend this place if you want an inexpensive clean basic room so that you can drop your money on other past-times like diving..pick up for diving is right across the street at the pier!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great place. Nice people, nice bar, clean rooms and good pizza. Cindy is great in replying to your emails and reserving your room. You won't miss your early diving trips since its proximity to the airport wakes you at the exact time you want. I think its a plus to the hotel. If you're a cry baby take some earplugs, otherwise enjoy. Checked out early so I could visit some Mayan ruins and got a partial refund since other people checked in. Stay at Pedro's and dive more. No regrets.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends