We decided to stay at Xanadu in our 4 night stay in San Pedro after doing alot of research. The other resorts we considered are: Ramon's, Captain Morgans, Victoria House & Journey's End. While in San Pedro, we made sure we checked and toured those resorts as well and decided we are very happy with our decision in staying at Xanadu.
The good points: 1) Interesting architecture, they have employed the MONOLITHIC DOME ARCHITECTURE which have been tested to be hurricane/tornado proof. It also enables the rooms to breath in a way that the temperature inside is more than desirable. It also renders it to be considered a GREEN BUILDING for those travelers who are concerned about the environment. 2) The rooms are very clean and well maintained. They have a welcome package of a jug of drinking water, coffee, sugar, etc. Everything you might need in a kitchen is there. 3) The showers work well! 4) The location is of great convenience to everything. 5) Free bikes and kayaks!!! 6) They are good in booking tours for you. 7) The staff in the resort are all very friendly and quite knowledgeable. 8) They have a nice pool and I love the hammocks!
The less than good things to keep in mind: 1) Mosquitoes everywhere (Belize in general is full of mosquitoes!) specially in the resort office. Keep in mind to spray bug spray before coming near that office. The biggest bites I have had happenned while booking a tour in the office. 2) NO restaurant or bar in that resort, hence the full service kitchen in each suite. Although there is a grocery by the resort entrance. And since they are conveniently located near town, you can just try the myriad of restaurants that are good but quite expensive. 3) The beach is not for snorkling nor swimming (this applies to all of Ambergris though).
As long as you come vist Belize for the right reasons... such as: adventure, scuba diving, snorkling off shore and not expect to go there for culture or the beach, then you would absolutely love it! Well, ecept for the mosquitoes. Be DEET ready!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro