We just returned from a stay on Ambergris Caye, Belize. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo at Xanadu Island Resort. Our room was the Seahorse Suite. It was clean and nicely furnished, but if you are expecting 5-star luxury....San Pedro is not the place to find it.
Our condo had plenty of room for my husband and I and another couple. But beware...the "king size" bed is two twins held together with a sheet and the bump together. Other than the beds, the accommodations were fabulous.
The staff was MORE than helpful for our entire trip. In the planning stages Susan answered every question we had, and was always willing to set up excursions, flights from the mainland, and any activities we wanted.
We thought ordering groceries sounded like a great idea, but take our advice only order snacks, beverages and other MUST have items for you personally. The food on the island was EXCELLENT. We never ate at a bad place...the worst food we had was average.
The most disappointment came from the beach. We were forewarned, but I guess we hoped it would be better than people said. You can't swim off the shore...it's just yucky and has lots of sea grass. This is the entire island, not just Xanadu.
If you are a beach lounger or don't love water sport...Ambergris Caye is not for you. If you dive, snorkel, fish or enjoy water sport other than just swimming off the beach...come and enjoy! We had a great time while we were in San Pedro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro