Xanadu Island Resort
$170
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$360
$236
$280
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
1,304 results
All reviewsnature walkfull kitchenambergris cayegolf cartheated poollil alphonseour honeymoonprivate piergrocery storehermit crabscinnamon rollsfree bikesfishcave tubingbedroom suitedinner reservationsswimming area
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I can't say enough about this resort. Yes it is lacking a restaurant and a real bar. It's more interesting getting out and trying all the local restaurants and bars anyway. They did have beer available for when you sat by the pool so you could have some drinks. The staff was friendly and helpful, The location was perfect. Close enough to the main part of San Pedro to walk but far enough not to hear all the noise from the bars. The room was spacious and kept very clean while we were there. Even had a hammock on the patio to nap in during the afternoon. The snorkeling trip and sunset sail trip picked us up right at the dock at the resort. Even though there was no real beach to walk into the water you could swim off the end of the dock. Most of the beaches in this area of the island had a lot of sea grass It looked like the further north you were the less grass there was. They had different room styles and sizes to fit any family needs. Having the full kitchen with all the stuff you need was a nice option even though we didn't use it. We are able to get fresh beach towels whenever we needed them. And on top of all that they are an environmentally friendly certified resort. I will be back to this resort on our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Staff was THE BEST! Housekeeping was impecible and the resort had beautiful accommodations. Several places to eat within a mile of the resort, very easy to walk or golf cart to town. Will definitely go back!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I loved how everything was environmentally friendly. The location is perfect, the rooms are all so comfortable, and I felt at home. This resort is for all kinds of families wanting a quiet, relaxing adventure. The story of how it began is charming. I would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin K
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Just returned from San Pedro and wanted to share our experiences. Firstly, if you are thinking of San Pedro as a vacation destination the Xanadu is the place to go. Never have we been so pleased with the attention from the staff and that includes Ritz Carltons and Four Seasons resorts. Cathy, Franz, Melanie, Orlando, Jamel are the most attentive and make sure your vacation is everything it can be. We were moved to a smaller room the first night due to A/C issues but Cathy & Melanie could not have been nicer, generously offering us options to compensate for the inconvenience. We didn't have to ask, that is customer service.

Although there is not a beach as such, we hung out at our room overlooking the water. Room #1 was very private, large, clean and with a full kitchen that enabled us to make breakfast and drink our coffee on the veranda while watch the world go by. The Baker is 3 mins walk away with excellent bread and breakfast rolls. The 2 shops close by are expensive by US standards but suggest you visit the supermarket about 200 yards north of the Xanadu entrance (turn right).

Lots of good restaurants, Hidden Treasure and La Palmilla are the best but can be pricey. Both do pick you up and drop back so that's a bonus. Franz was great in getting us reservations. Rent golf carts, we did for blocks of 4 hours, no need to do 24 hours and pay for over night.

We didn't take any trips, we just needed to chill for a week but the Xanadu team will book all that for you.

The pool is great and not that busy until later in the day when the divers return.

This is an exceptional resort to stay with great people who really want you to have a relaxing no hassle time. We will return.

Room Tip: any room with a sea view, Suite #1 is very private with great views
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AmericanEuropean
Reviewed July 16, 2014

If you ever dreamed of visiting a resort that could leave you breathless, and leave your worries behind...Xanadu Island Resort might just be the answer to any and all of your vacation/getaway must go back places in the Caribbean.
True, I live on the Island with my wife for two years now. I have been to The West Indies, and as much as I love travelling, I just wanted a weekend alone with my wonderful wife, who had a birthday coming up. I wanted to do something special, so not just anyplace would do...but where?
A neighbour of mine told me he knew of a fantastic place just down the street. I had seen ads for Xanadu, but had only drove by, and briefly looked down the lane way. I knew it was on the beach, so I decided to go to the fb page to get more info. After seeing the pics, I wondered if all the rooms were as nice as the ones in the pics...
So the next day I rode by and walked around and true to form, the resort looked so private and secluded, I needed to try and book for the weekend.
I couldn't have asked for better service...what hotel calls you back to confirm your room, and let you know you can come anytime now?
I was greeted with a friendly smile and a warm welcome, a short visit to my room and I knew I made a really good decision. My wife and I spent the afternoon by the pool/ jungle, sipping complimentary rum punch (best rum punch ever) and retired to our suite. Did I mention that it was just the two of us? I was so surprised when I found out we were up-graded to the honeymoon suite, with oceanfront view, top floor with loft style bedroom?
I cannot describe how welcome we both felt, and we live here on the island!
I never realised that there was a resort as nice as Xanadu on this Island. The whole resort has a unique feel, quiet, whimsical and a charm I haven't found on very many vacations, or weekend getaways quit as special as this one was. I never wanted to get out of the pool, and I could have sat on the balcony forever watching the full moon rise over ambergris caye. Lets put it this way...I didn't want to go to work on monday morning, as a matter of fact, I wish I could call it home. So next time I need a break, I know where Im booking....Xanadu Island Resort, thank you for making our weekend/anniversary/birthday/getaway weekend special. ;)

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have the best breeze, all day and night...No regrets here.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple