I can't say enough about this resort. Yes it is lacking a restaurant and a real bar. It's more interesting getting out and trying all the local restaurants and bars anyway. They did have beer available for when you sat by the pool so you could have some drinks. The staff was friendly and helpful, The location was perfect. Close enough to the main part of San Pedro to walk but far enough not to hear all the noise from the bars. The room was spacious and kept very clean while we were there. Even had a hammock on the patio to nap in during the afternoon. The snorkeling trip and sunset sail trip picked us up right at the dock at the resort. Even though there was no real beach to walk into the water you could swim off the end of the dock. Most of the beaches in this area of the island had a lot of sea grass It looked like the further north you were the less grass there was. They had different room styles and sizes to fit any family needs. Having the full kitchen with all the stuff you need was a nice option even though we didn't use it. We are able to get fresh beach towels whenever we needed them. And on top of all that they are an environmentally friendly certified resort. I will be back to this resort on our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro