My wife and I built up Xanadu quite a bit before our first trip to Belize and it exceeded every expectation we had. From the location, to the staff, to the accommodations, everything was among the best we have experienced from a resort. The location is excellent, only a short walk from downtown San Pedro and several really fantastic restaurants(The Baker!) and local grocery stores only steps away. We have traveled quite a bit in the Caribbean and Xanadu has hands down the friendliest staff of any resort we have ever stayed. They all seem to generally care that you are having a great time and are ready to help out with anything you need, as well as take the time to point out the local wild life and various plants on the property. We had a great time feeding and learning about the resident iguanas with Orlando, who we cant wait to see when we go back. The accommodations are also really great and have the same amenities you might find in a residential apartment. We had the loft room number 2 and it was nice to be able to have the kitchen to make late night snacks and keep a variety of drinks around when we wanted them. We also booked several tours through Xanadu and those exceeded our expectations as well, we appreciated the fact that they seem to use smaller, independent local guides all of which had grown up on the island and were really friendly. To sum it up, Xanadu was amazing and we cant wait to go back, I am usually the type who likes to get back home after a week away but this time I really did not want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro