Relaxing is not usually the word used to describe holidaying with three children under 10 but at the Xanadu resort relaxing was exactly the right discription.
The condos are great with plenty of room and everything we needed. The staff were amazing no request seemed too difficult. Everyone was friendly and we all appreciated how painless they made a room change, even moving the beer from one fridge to another (we booked last minute and had to change rooms during the week). Our room was kept spotless and the maid even tidied up all the teddies.
The resort seems to blend in with the scenery and the pool was lovely. We saw lots of wildlife including the resident Iguana. We went out snokelling twice to the reef and both times what we saw exceeded our expectations. We saw sea turtles, snarks stingrays, eels to list a few. Our guide, Alfonso, was great pointing things out and naming all the fish.
We aso did a trip to the mainland taking in the Zoo, Cahal Pech and Cave Tubing ( a crazy experience), the staff organised everything for us and again the guide we had was great.
All I can say is thank you to all the staff for a great time and a wonderful introduction to Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro