We spent two weeks at Xanadu in May 2008 and had the best time! The resort itself was absolutely beautiful and well maintained. The staff made sure it looked that way the entire time we were there. The service at the resort was fantastic. We got to know everyone on a first-name basis and when time came to leave, we felt we were leaving family behind.
One of the nicest things about Xanadu is that you don't have to have all of your activities planned before you arrive at the resort. Just go to their full-service tour desk and they'll help plan your day for you. They had prices and descriptions of various activities in your suite as well as at the office for you to review. It was easy and everyone (Stacey, Ingrid and Susan) was so friendly and helpful, offering suggestions and tips as to where to go and what to do.
The maintenance crew was very friendly and helpful. We became good friends with Orlando and Alex. One day we mentioned to Orlando that we wanted to taste fresh coconut. He was able to get one down from a tree, opened it up and let us taste the coconut milk and the fresh coconut. (The coconut milk was especially good in our pina coladas!). Thanks Orlando!!!
We went fishing one day with John Murray. We barbecued the fish one evening and invited staff over to enjoy a barbecue. Not everyone was able to attend, but Martin, Stacey, Ingrid and Orlando were able to come and we had a great evening.
Hopefully one day we'll return for another vacation at Xanadu so we can revisit our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro