My partner and I booked a 6 night stay at Xanadu Island in late May '13. The staff was extremely helpful and quick to respond to e-mail inquiries about activities around the island. It was so easy to arrange for the entire week of activities without having to speak to a bunch of different vendors. I especially appreciated that each and every one of the vendors they selected for us ended up being courteous, professional and great!
I also liked that the resort staff treated us - a gay couple - like any other couple on a romantic getaway. On the bed at our arrival, they arranged towel-swans arrayed with flowers with some petals reading - "I love you". And throughout the stay, the maid recreated the scene with towels of different sizes. It was very sweet.
The resort has a nice sized saline pool. It's comfortably shaded by lots of trees with plenty of space to lay out and enjoy shade or sun. The lining of the pool is rough, so you can not do much rough-housing in the pool and you will need to carefully watch little kids at play. The pool is not the only option for swimming. Like most resorts in Ambergris Caye, the area around the pier at the resort's property is set aside for swimmers. The only drawback is that there is not a sandy beach to enjoy, but that is the case with all resorts in Ambergris Caye; it's not a vacation spot for those that need to wiggle their feet under the sand.
Ambergris Caye is much more expensive than you will expect. My partner and I went to a local grocery store and bought foods for breakfast and lunch. Although the groceries were fairly expensive as well, I think we saved a ton by cooking eggs, bacon, french toast, etc. and we could do that because we had a great set up at the resort - a full kitchen with everything we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro