While in Belize, my partner and I had many wonderful experiences--from the diving to delicious restaurants, but of all the things we enjoyed the most, it was Xanadu that genuinely stole our hearts. We truly felt welcome and at home while staying at Xanadu--the employees treated us as though we were close friends or family. Immediately upon arriving, Orlando greeted us at the dock (we came by ferry) with a smile and was ready to help us with our bags and getting to the resort's office. One of the first things that you notice in walking to the office is the well-kept and beautiful pool with plenty of deck chairs surrounding for guests to relax in either the shade or the sun. Furthermore, we were greeted by Ingrid and Blanca with one of the most ambrosial rum punches I had while in Belize. Our accommodations were superlative--we used the kitchenette to make breakfast and lunch. Gentle touches of towels arranged on our bed in the shape of two swans making the shape of a heart with their necks was truly lovely.
The resort arranged many of the details of our other activities--making planning a breeze. Franz was most helpful in overseeing changes in our diving plans that we needed and Jamil was always ready with towels or a beer at the walk-up outdoor counter just next to the office while we were just hanging out / lounging at the pool. When other reviewers say that it is the people that make Xanadu special and memorable, they're not exaggerating! Everyone here was available for the guests--Orlando, while certainly busy with trying to keep things around Xanadu running and in-shape, made a point of taking time out of his work (spontaneously) to cut a coconut and share his knowledge of the island -- he was a true joy to get to know.
The resort was quiet while being conveniently located to some businesses on the south side of the island. We shopped just down the street (a very short walk) and we were able to borrow bikes from the resort to head north for a little rambling. We loved our time with Xanadu, and if we ever return to Ambergris Caye, we will be returning to Xanadu where we found peace, love, and a corner of paradise where we left our hearts. Thank you, Xanadu!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro