Everything positive said by previous reviews are true. This resort has little room for improvement because the entire staff & resort are just about perfect in my book. From the cleanliness & comforts of the rooms to the excellence of the entire staff, this has been the BEST Caribbean stay we've experienced in our many years of visiting all over the Caribbean. From Kathy & Blanca down to the maintenance workers and maids, everyone is very helpful, eager to serve, does their jobs to the utmost and always get it right. All units have complete kitchens + dining, so there's no need for a restaurant on their grounds, but ask about their customized rum punch & get a gallon or more to keep in your refrigerator. We stayed 9 nights in Rm. 2, one of the loft Honeymoon Suites closest to the beach & enjoyed breakfasts & lunches on our ocean-view balcony while going to various restaurants for dinner. The office staff also acts as concierge: booking taxis, tours, dinner reservations, etc. for us whenever requested. They also offer discounts for repeat customers, so we will definitely return here. Snorkeling off their dock & under it reveals hundreds of fish, so bring an underwater camera. The water may be a little murky at times, but 1 day I swam with a rare small school of permit just 10 ft. off the dock. Take 1 of their bikes to explore the island if you don't want to rent a golf cart or walk along the beach for great restaurants and/or beach bars. Their bird sanctuary has a short nature walk up into the tree canopies & the heated saltwater pool is the most relaxing place to end a day after touring. Thanks to the whole staff for a wonderful stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro