I tried to find something I don't like about this place, but it was impossible.
The dirt track through beautiful palm trees was lush and welcoming. The little office was super friendly and very helpful. Bags were delivered to our room, tropical punch was gulped down in relief and then we were at the room.
We were led upstairs to the most amazing 3 bedroom beachside villa I have ever seen. It’s all circular. The curvy staircase to the upper rooms provided a little fear for our little ones, but they coped very well with them. A lounge room, a fully equipped kitchen, 3 bathrooms and all the modern conveniences like cable, wifi, etc.
Our second night we were moved to a 2 bedroom apartment right on the beach. The ocean was less than ten steps from our door and the views were phenomenal. This too had plenty of rom for everyone and I love the circular rooms, so different and inviting. The kids had a great nap that second day while we enjoyed the sun lounges and hammock on our verandah steps from the ocean.
On our last day in Xanadu we checked out and left our luggage with the front desk, and spent the entire day in the pool. We seriously were having trouble denying reality, that the end was here. The three days of relaxation had our whole family in a super fine mood and our minds, spirits and bodies in pure bliss.
anadu lived up to it’s name - 'idyllic, beautiful place' and I cannot recommend it more highly. You can read all about it on our blog or see more pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro