My husband and I vacations at Xanadu for the week of December 3rd through the 9th. We really were impressed with all the little details as well as the overwhelming natural beauty of the resort. They have gone to great lengths to keep the nature preserved with still providing a luxury experience. The kitchen was set up with every amenity that you can imagine and the apartment itself also had everything you could possibly want and need. The robes were a very nice touch. The pool was heated which was also a nice difference. So many places advertise “heated pool” but it never is, this was. These are all wonderful things, but you can receive these things from most 4 star accommodations but what really sets this place apart is the staff. Everyone that works here is so very nice and helpful and interactive. Our stay was so enhanced by the people. There was never a time in which when we were walking around that there was not a “hello how is everything”. The housekeepers were so attentive and did a great job and the office staff made sure that all the side-trips we wanted to take were set up with meticulous timing and we had a great time. The trip packages were professional and very reasonably prices and were so enjoyed. We do have to single out a few of our favorite employees that were of a especially great help to us. First Ingrid was so great and put up with our continuous barrage of questions; she was always there with helpful suggestions and made sure our time on the island was spent well and then there is Orlando. Well he was there with a helping hand and gave us suggestion on some great eateries and also allowed us to have fresh coconuts and just was always so friendly. We also met the on-site property manager which was very refreshing and as a property manager myself I can tell you that the facility maintenance was kept up and there were always some improvements that were taking place. It can be a daunting task to up recreational facilities, but they have done so and more. We could not recommend this resort any higher and we did go and look a couple other properties while we were on the island, and we can only say we think we made the best decision for our vacation and would stay there again. Thank you Xanadu for our week in paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique, Boutique, Romantic and Eco-friendly! Imagine tranquility settling over you like a mist over the ocean; kick off your shoes and stroll amongst the natural vegetation past the water features and onto the beach. Breathe in the fresh ocean air as you wander down the long pier to relax on the sun loungers under the thatched palapa and gaze out over the barrier reef to the deep blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Settle in and experience the uniqueness of the monolithic dome buildings and enjoy the romantic setting of your private veranda. When you are ready to explore, visit the friendly staff at the front desk to arrange tours or to use the complimentary bicycles, paddle boards and kayaks. Experience all this at the unique, boutique, Green Globe certified Xanadu Island Resort – a touch of luxury and romance in harmony with nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Xanadu Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize Hotel San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Hotel
- Xanadu Island San Pedro
- Xanadu Island Resort Belize/San Pedro