$299
$290
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$92
$88
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Cove Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$122
$106
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$229
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$182
$120
Mayan Princess Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$127
$117
  • Beachfront
Ramon's Village Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$155
$150
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$229
$179
Cancelon
  • Pool
Las Terrazas Resort(San Pedro)
$349
$339
  • Pool
Cayo Espanto(San Pedro)
$1,895
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgrocery store across the streethoneymoon suitegolf cartlaid backjacuzzi tubocean viewbedroomresortaccommodationssandtoastercartstransportationcondo
Reviewed February 18, 2018

My husband and I started our vacation at this hotel. Our room was right behind the office, and next to Coconut Cafe. It had a wonderful view of the sitting pool, and some view of the ocean. While not the best view, I was expecting that. The staff was always wonderfully and our room was always cleaned when we came back in the afternoon/evening. Unfortunate that they are building two monsters towers next to this hotel. Had a great time relaxing on the pool. Was easy to get to things from their location. Had a grocery store across the street that rents golf carts for a great price. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank khaase627
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We were there for a week starting Feb 5 till the 12. I have nothing more to say than the review from Feb 4 and Feb 10 are all true. We were very disappointed and tried to cancel but they were very clear no money back.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Melanie H
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel based on the pictures and when we got there found it was completely different. The grounds and the room are in terrible condition and the management could care less.

The beach has eroded and now you see a concrete sea wall where trash and debris has accumulated. What looks like ocean access is no more. The deck had nails sticking up and only a few chairs had pads.

The beautiful pool is actually 3 blocks away down a busy, muddy road. Miriam told me it was “right across the street” so I took all my stuff and found out different...the day I went it was locked up and closed. When I got all the way back and asked Miriam about this she insisted “no it is open “...yea right!

The room was in disrepair with holes in the drywall, stained faucets, mismatched lightbulbs, squeaky doors, exhaust fan didn’t work, security lock didn’t turn and on and on. There is no safe so I had to carry around our passports, iPad and other valuables the entire time.

The “Kitchenette” they advertised was a small table with dishes and a coffee pot, no coffee no filters. There was a small refrigerator and that worked fine.

We booked the honeymoon suite which the pictures show a jacuzzi tub with rose petals...what a joke, After filling it about 6” with warm water, they shut off the hot water and 6” doesn’t even cover the jets ...it wouldn’t work anyway because the button to turn it on was missing.

Also found out if you want the daily maid service you have to drop your key off at the office and ask for it. Of course there is no information about anything in the room. By the way, the office is only open a from 10-6 so if you need something or lose your key you are SOL.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
4  Thank glassat
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Upon my arrival via taxi to ECBR, I was not sure why the cab stopped at such an obscure and poorly maintained entrance and surrounding structures.
I then notice the ECBR office sign and my excitement about finally making it to the hotel to begin my long-awaited Belizean adventure turned to concern.
Upon entering the run-down, dreary office, we were initially met by no one...After a couple of minutes a clerk showed up,checked-us in, informed us that only one of the two pre-booked rooms was ready..
Upon entering the room ( #2A), we were in disbelief at the run-down condition of the room, the wooden deck ( they call "balcony), and EVERYTHING else, inside and out...Facility wide!
1) There was no cold water at all...neither in the bathroom sink, shower or kitchen sink..
2) The hot water was just warm enough to shower comfortably in the rickety shower enclosure that had been secured to the wall via drywall screws .
3) Of the four burners on the rusty and wobbling electric stove, 3 did not work and the little burner that did work was so crooked that everything I attempted to cook, (especially eggs) ran to on side of the pan....I felt like a convict trying to cook.
4) We had cockroaches and mice! Mouse dropping in the sink and on the countertop in the morning..Beyond gross! 5)
5) The toaster didnt work.
6) The 3ft tall refrigerator did work, not well, but it was enough to keep things somewhat chilled...I had to be careful opening the door though because the refrigerator would rock forward dumping the items on the shelves out onto the floor.
7) To cook, I had to borrow a frying pan from a neighboring room...There was only a pot and lid in my room.
8) Cumulatively, everything in my room was in disrepair and had been for a long time...There is no way that management could not have known about these matters.

Lets discuss the exterior..

ALL of the wooden decks ( "balconies) are in gross disrepair to the point of immediate safety concerns..via collapse or splinters( see pics).
The alleged pool is nothing more than a poorly maintained large hot tub sunk into a wooden deck that I would not feel safe walking barefoot on (see pics).
THERE IS NO BEACH!!! There is not a small beach, or a poorly maintained beach..THERE IS NO BEACH!
The area that ECBR claims to be a beach is a sandy yard that ends at an area of broken hunks of concrete etc and ends at a seawall...Yes, the ocean is on the other side of the seawall, but the area is in no way fit for wading or swimming..It is all grassy, about 6 inches deep at low tide and about 2 ft deep at high tide and not in any way inviting.
The beach thing gets worse...The neighboring properties face the same seawall challenge as ECBR, however the neighboring properties have done/do what they can to make the best of it by back-filling the concrete/rubble area with sand and then keeping the area nicely manicured so it is aesthetically pleasing and functional....ECBR does none of these things (see pics).

I am not exaggerating when I state that one off the ECBR buildings, a two story stuccoed concrete block structure has no roof at all and the second floor is fully gutted and exposed....AND they are still renting the bottom two rooms!! True story..(See pics!)

Now, lets talk safety, other than the fore-mentioned structural issues...
Between my room (2A) and the next room ( you guessed it..2B) there is a utility room with an unlocked door...I peeked in the see an electric hot water and to my surprise, a gas cylinder that had been plumbed using a flexible water line and a couple of hose clamps..True story ( see pics).

Anyway, I am done with my rant for the moment...Oh, I think I have a pics of the totally rusted out electrical boxes, exposed open-splice electrical connections, all in plain view and easily accessible to anyone..

OH!!! I almost forgot! There is new construction by a neighboring property going on behind the resort.. ABOUT 6FT behind ECBR!!... Steel structure with metal decking Construction crews begin about 7am and the noise continues until dark ( see pics) My bedroom is in the pic ( the one with the lights on). I had to sleep on the couch to have any chance of sleeping beyond 7am. ( again, see pics).

I advise to avoid this place folks...Dont be deceived by the pricing or pics on their site or on expedia etc...

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
5  Thank Steve M
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Our "Deluxe" Room, was literally 18 feet to one of the most rowdy bars on the beach. Party goes until 2:00 am every night. People talking and yelling until 4:00 am. After the first night, we cancelled the rest of our trip and went to Placencia.

There is NO BEACH. They have a Sea Wall. They advertise an "ocean view", past the crumbling pool deck, past the bar, past the sea wall, you can see some water. The pool is a joke, our hot tub in the states is larger. No exaggeration. - Shower had mold growing in the grout. Utterly horrid.

Room Tip: Stay ANYWHERE but here. Some sites call this a 4.5 Stars. - NO WAY
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple