We stayed here over the Christmas holiday. After reading good reviews on TA, we booked 6 nights and paid in advance. I was told if I booked by the end of October, we would get the honeymoon suite for the price of a standard suite. Sounds awesome, right? Upon arrival, the manager was not present (it was a Sunday so I understood) and we were in a standard suite. I showed the employee the email chain showing what I had been promised but I was told it was not available. So be it. We were in Belize and had traveled on a red eye to get there. We checked into suite 2A, a first floor unit that was in serious need of updating. Everything looked really old like from the early 80s. Since I was told this was the unit they had for us, we checked in. Day one, our sliding door kept falling off the track. After two nights we saw our first bug in the bathroom. By the third night after a day of diving, I saw a cockroach larger than a small dog. Since it was after hours, I wrote an email stating the issues we encountered and said I would be at the office first thing to get another room.
The next morning (Christmas Day) I was there at 8am sharp. The manager was present and has apparently read my email from the night before. She told me that she had no other rooms available and that they could not call an exterminator. Basically I had to accept this room as is. That was unacceptable. Knowing that some units were empty, I asked again to get another suite and reminded her of the emails stating we were supposed to have the honeymoon suite. I said if that was not possible to refund me for the previous night and unused nights. At first, she balked stating their refund policy prevented her from doing that. After much back and forth, she "found" a room- suite 3b- another ground level unit next door that was MUCH nicer, updated and most importantly, bug free.
Bottom line was that the location was great, about 1/2 mile outside of town, an easy walk and beach access, although you can't really swim with all of the sea grass. The on site restaurant -Melt- was excellent for breakfast and lunch. Just make sure you view the room in advance and bring any emails as back up.
Rooms in buildings 6-7 are close to the bar which can be noisy. The bar, Crazy Canuck's is very popular with locals and tourists so it's a great place to hang out but be prepared for noise til 11pm or later. Buildings 1-3 were further away and less noisy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort is a place full of perfect moments. All suites of Exotic Caye's Resort are set in a tropical ambiance with ocean views. Enjoy the tranquility of a relaxing massage. Soak up the sun. Lounge peacefully in an oceanfront hammock. Smell the fresh air. Dance the night away at Crazy Canuck's Beach Bar, take a Yoga class, workout, snorkel, dive, fish or simply do nothing at all. Our staff makes sure this is a vacation you will never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Exotic Caye Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exotic Caye Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Exotic Caye Beach
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro