We went to SCUBA dive (fantastic) and utilized the dive shop on the property, Discovery Expeditions (see other review). The resort is a mixture of older and newer rooms. It's not a five star resort, but I think it was a good deal for what we paid. I had a room with a kitchenette in it for several days, and then moved to a different room as the staff was doing work on the building I had been in. The rooms are very basic and have seen some use, but the staff kept them very clean. As some people have said previously, there is a karaoke bar across the street so if you are in some rooms (like building 5) you might have to listen to them on Wednesday nights. The property is kept very neat. The beach is open to anyone wanting to walk through so there tends to be a lot of transient traffic. The staff were great. They took care of everything we needed and seemed to work hard at keeping the whole property clean. There is wi-fi available if you need to send e-mails back home. There are a few little stores within walking distance so you can grab groceries. Each room has a small refrigerator. After our flight landed in Belize City, we took a water taxi to Ambergris Caye. We arrived at about 7:30 pm and the hotel office had already closed. This caused a minor problem, but the staff soon got our rooms for us and we were set. If I had to do it again, I would have taken the 15 minute puddle hopper flight (Tropic Air or Maya Island Air) and saved the 75+ minute boat ride. It's a little more money to fly, but it seems to be less of a hassle. Also, if you take the water taxi back to Belize City at the end of the trip, be prepared to be hassled by people wanting to sell you things at the water taxi terminal, as well as the (car) taxi drivers fighting over who gets to take you to the airport. We grabbed our bags and walked out to where the taxis were. Most of the drivers wanted $25(US) to take us to the airport, but they started bidding against each other. We let them do it until it got to a price we liked. Overall, it is a good place to stay if you aren't expecting 4-5 star accomodations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort is a place full of perfect moments. All suites of Exotic Caye's Resort are set in a tropical ambiance with ocean views. Enjoy the tranquility of a relaxing massage. Soak up the sun. Lounge peacefully in an oceanfront hammock. Smell the fresh air. Dance the night away at Crazy Canuck's Beach Bar, take a Yoga class, workout, snorkel, dive, fish or simply do nothing at all. Our staff makes sure this is a vacation you will never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Exotic Caye Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exotic Caye Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Exotic Caye Beach
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro