We had never been to Belize before and I have to say that we had the most wonderful experience! We have traveled to many various places in the Caribbean, Mexico, Europe, Venezuela and we definitely had the very best treatment that we received at any place that we have stayed. Kelly, Paul, Irene, Ben and Mate are the greatest people who truly care and take care of their customers who visit this nice establishment right on the beach! We stayed at the Resort for 6 days.
Ms. Sara's Kitchen is a great breakfast place with homemade Habanero hot sauce that will tingle your tongue when you eat it on your eggs. And the later effects that you experience truly expresses the hotness of the Habanero peppers.
I don't have one complaint about the one bedroom apartment right on the beach with a beautiful view of the sea day and night. The pool looks small, but believe me when you are hot, it is very refreshing; and we took dips regularly during the day.
This is not a five star hotel, but that is what I really liked about the property. I like the rustic feel and look and would not go back it they develop the property into an American type pristine structure. I would love to return one day to hopefully see the same beautiful establishment with the same smiling faces.
We used the kitchen to cook and they have everything that you need for cooking your own meals and cleaning up.
We rented a golf cart for one week for $225 U.S. and drove around the island (which is right across the street). I highly recommend renting a golf cart to get around and we had a blast! Had dinner at Elvi's on a Friday for a Mayan feast that was unique and awesome. Ate Lobster, Grouper and Coconut Prawns at the Blue Water Grill which was fabulous. Bought some Lobster ($12 U.S. a pound at Green Grocery store downtown) which we grilled right on the beach and ate in our apartment like hotel room.
We saw seahorses, needle fish, angel fish, jacks, snapper and other fish right on the dock which is a great swimming area. The water is so clear one does not even need a snorkel mask.
We flew over from Belize City on Tropic Air ($150 U.S. for two of us) and returned via water tax ($30 U.S. for two). Then we went the the Maruba Resort and Spa in the jungle for 4 days.
Bring your own Budweiser because they only have Belikin Beer which we purchased from the distributor on the way into town, which is one-half of what you would pay in the store.
If you have any questions during your stay ask Ben and Mate (the maintenance men) and they will tell you everything you need or want to know about Ambergris Caye!
Thank you Staff at Exotic Caye for a wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort is a place full of perfect moments. All suites of Exotic Caye's Resort are set in a tropical ambiance with ocean views. Enjoy the tranquility of a relaxing massage. Soak up the sun. Lounge peacefully in an oceanfront hammock. Smell the fresh air. Dance the night away at Crazy Canuck's Beach Bar, take a Yoga class, workout, snorkel, dive, fish or simply do nothing at all. Our staff makes sure this is a vacation you will never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Exotic Caye Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exotic Caye Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Exotic Caye Beach
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro