I am late in posting this review, but I remember the island and condo like it was yesterday. The island was everything we were looking for...no crowds, no all-inclusives, no traffic, beautiful and serene. The flight from Belize City was smooth and easy, finding a taxi there is no problem.
We stayed in a one bedroom (booked directly through the owner) and it was literally on the sand. The water was 20 yards from our front porch. The unit was clean, very comfortable, good AC. Front desk was friendly. We rented bikes in town for the week and explored the entire island. We felt completely safe, never took taxis. Only other mode of transportation was water taxis to some of the northern restaurants at night. There are definately much swankier hotels on the island, but this one felt like you really lived there, and was a great price.
Monkey Bites is a great little breakfast spot...my husband would bring back great coffee and breads in the morning and we'd eat them on our porch. We never used the pool, why when the ocean is steps away? We explored all the hotels and their beaches, you definately don't need to stay put each day. We took several AMAZING day trips from the boat dock at the hotel and they were the best of any we've ever done. One day it was my husband and me and two guides...they took us snorkeling, caught red snapper with spears, took us to a private area on the island where they cooked the snapper and served it with amazing vegetables and ice cold beer. Life does not get any better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort is a place full of perfect moments. All suites of Exotic Caye's Resort are set in a tropical ambiance with ocean views. Enjoy the tranquility of a relaxing massage. Soak up the sun. Lounge peacefully in an oceanfront hammock. Smell the fresh air. Dance the night away at Crazy Canuck's Beach Bar, take a Yoga class, workout, snorkel, dive, fish or simply do nothing at all. Our staff makes sure this is a vacation you will never forget! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Exotic Caye Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exotic Caye Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Exotic Caye Beach
- Exotic Caye Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro