“Michael the tour guide and Luis the boat captain are great.”

Caribbean Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Caribbean Adventures arranged our trips to Altun Ha, Belize Zoo, as well as a snorkeling/lunch trip. Both trips were great! If you go on a tour, request Michael as your your guide. He's so knowledgeable, intelligent and personable.

If you are able to take an all-day boat trip snorkeling near the coral reef, I hope you have an opportunity to meet the boat captain Luis and his crew, Siete and Giovani. Giovani is a very skilled swimmer and diver, but moves fast, so you have to work to keep up with him! Luis is so nice and welcoming, not to mention, an amazing chef! Lunch on his boat was grand!

Overall, David and Caribbean Adventures provided good service. My only concern is the price of these tours. They seemed a bit too expensive. I would advise others to shop around and compare prices, then decide if Caribbean Adventures is the best value for what you want to do.

David G, Manager at Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for your review, this is going to make more people trust in us to make of their vacation the best of all, about the prices we are more than happy for you to check with our competitors, for the sailing tour that you make with us our price is $150 per person but compare what you get for that price, with the biggest companies on the island you can get a sailing trip for $95 but they only take you to do 2 snorkeling stops and after that they take you to our sister island caycauker where you have to buy your own lunch, for the $150 that you pay with us you get: 4 snorkeling stop (including the Manatees which if you buy that on any other company just that tour have a value of $110), the price include your park fees, lunch (lobster), all you can drink on rum punch, water and sodas so i think if you buy this 4 stops that we make with another company you are going to spend more than $350 and you even have lunch yet plus our sailing boat is a 53 foot long sailing boat, have 2 restroom (other sailing boats on the island don't have any); for the mainland tour also our prices for two activies are $180 the biggest companies charge $210 or $230 by boat we fly you over for the same price that they have it to go by boat or you can come with us by boat and save $40 dollars have a nice day.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife, brother, a friend and I booked scuba diving to Hol Chan, snorkeling at shark ray alley, cave tubing and a tour of the Xunantunich Mayan ruins. I won't go into reviews of the destinations because they are reviewed in a lot of other places. I'll simply say I loved all of them, especially shark ray alley where we snorkeled literally right next to 6' nurse sharks. Even though it's very touristy, it was still incredibly awesome. Our mainland tours were led by Michael who I think is leading almost all of the mainland tours for the next year or so. Michael is hands down the best tour guide I've ever had. He's incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and fun. Since we were headed to Guatemala after the tour, he had no problem dropping us at the border and he gave us a lot of advice about the safest way to make it to Flores (our next destination). I gave a 4/5 review because David seemed a little pushy during the booking process and seemed willing to say anything to get us to book. Also, while Michael works directly for David (the owner), David serves simply as a middle man for the scuba and snorkel tours. We handed David our money and then we watched him turn and pay the scuba company with the money we had just given him. It made me wonder what we would've paid had we gone straight to the scuba company. Regardless, I don't think we overpaid and the tours were all fantastic.

1  Thank Derek J
Caribbean_Adventures, Manager at Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Hi guys thank you for your review this is helping us more people trust in us and make of their vacation the best their can, the only detail that you four got to say is that you enjoy all the tours with me, the diving area is not what i do for a living and i just refer you with my sister company making you pay the same prices as every one else, but thank you for your review bye.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We booked 3 trips with David and Carribean Adventures, the first was the half day fishing trip which was great. Our captain was Bobby and he was great - even introduced us to his pelican, Ralph, who came to hang out with us on the boat for a while. We caught several barracuda and snapper which Bobby cleaned for us also. Our second trip was the Zipline/Cave Tubing with Michael, which was great. The boat ride to and from Belize City is always a little tedious but Michael made our trip to Jaguar Paws very interesting. We walked carrying our tubes for about 45 minutes to the furthermost (No. 4) cave and the trip back downriver took about 1.5 hours. We then did the zipline which my 2 girls (15 and 18) enjoying immensely. The third trip we did was the all-day snorkelling/sailing trip. We saw the manatees, did some amazing snorkelling at Coral Gardens and Hol Chan and swam with the rays and sharks at Shark Ray Alley. All excellent. We had a lobster and snapper lunch which was cooked on the boat. The only disappointment was on the last day when David had arranged a taxi to pick us up to take us to the airport for 8.30 am for our 9 am flight and the taxi did not show up. We had to rush to find another taxi (lots of stress invloved with that since we did not want to miss our connecting flght back to Houston). The taxi may have arrived but we could not wait too long for him. All in all David arranged some wonderful trips for us and he has some great people working for him. We are just disappointed about the taxi.

Hi guys, sorry about the taxi i have no control on does people because they do not work for me directly and is not part of my job i do a favor to you reserving the flights for you and making all the tours the best i cud, i think i succeed, after i notice he don't go for you i send another one but i think the taxi was to late to pic you up I'm very sorry about that but the goof part is you have a very nice time doing tours what i do for a living, hope you come back soon have a nice day.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We booked two tours with Caribbean Adventures and really enjoyed them both. We took the sailing snorkel trip, and the guides were great. I'm sorry I can't remember their names. The captain was also great and lunch was really delicious.
But the highlight of our trip was the trip to Xunantunich. Michael was so informative and affable, the two-hour drive across Belize seemed to race by. We learned a lot about the country and really enjoyed the scenery. Again, lunch was delicious.

1  Thank Jubiggerstaff
Caribbean_Adventures, Manager at Caribbean Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Hi, Guys thank you very much for your review this is going to help us reach more people on internet so they can experience the same great tour as you just did also to prove the bad reviews that bad people are trying to put on me that are not true, you know well that Caribbean Adventures are the best in personalize tour, safety and value for your money thank you again and please come back soon we already miss you guys.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Where do I even begin with this guy.... We book 3 excursions with him after meeting with him totaling over $1k.

Trip 1 - Rocky Point tour. $300 for the absolute worst experience imaginable. We were ecstatic to take what was supposed to be a super scenic tour by golf cart to Rocky Point where the reef is closest to land and you can snorkel right out to the reef, fish, etc... They spear fish while you're there and cook it all up for you at a beach BBQ afterwards with as much rum punch as you can handle. Sounds amazing right?

The actual trip...It's the worst golf cart ride imaginable and it takes over 2hrs to get there. Our dive instructor and other people on the island were all shocked when we said we took a golf cart there. They've never even heard of someone taking a golf cart there. Some didn't even believe us that we made it by golf cart. It's the bumpiest ride you could ever imagine. Part of the ride is on an actual gravel road big enough for cars and it's got enough potholes to make you nauseous. Next you get to the jungle road just big enough for a cart to get through and fire ants are dropping all over you as you're smacking branches. Finally the road runs out and you're driving over mounds of sea grass and garbage on the beach. We had to get out a bunch of times to get through some of it. Carts were getting stuck and also stalling out from getting wet. Scenic, not so much. Here's a hibiscus tree and here's an almond tree, neat huh? Oh yeah and those ants falling all over you BITE!

So we finally get to Rocky Point, which is in fact gorgeous, but we left an hr later than we were supposed to and by the time we got all the way up there, we had ONLY 1hr to enjoy it before we had to leave already which was extremely dissapointing. We went through hell to get there and barely even got to enjoy it. So after that we did the beach BBQ. Remember that fresh fish they were supposed to spear for it? Yeah that was just an oversell. We dropped off fish at the BBQ spot on our way up and the guides didn't catch a thing when we were there but one small grunt that a stray dog probably enjoyed later. Oh and remember that rum punch? There wasn't a person on the tour that thought there was any rum in it.

David will argue that he had a bad guide that day that he fired but that wasn't it at all. They guide was really fun even though he could've gotten us there quicker. The problem is the tour itself. The ride is over 2hrs each way and nobody should ever do it by golf cart. It was $300 and I wouldn't do it again for free. It was that bad. If you ever want to go there it's beautiful and only a 20 minute boat ride which is much cheaper than $150/person.

How did David resolve this. He gave everyone $45 off there next tour with them? Wow, we wasted $300 and our whole day on the worst trip ever and we get $90 of it back.

Trip 2 - A full day of sailing to 4 snorkel spots. David sells this like it's his boat. It's not. When he dropped us off there were other "David's" there dropping off their people. I would highly recommend this though. The guides were amazing and the snorkeling was incredible. We got to hold nurse sharks and rays and swam with Manatees. A++++.

Trip 3 - Mainland to the Mayan ruins Altun Ha, ziplining, and cave tubing. This was $200/person. If you want to fly it's another $40/person. We chose to take the boat so David was supposed to pick us up at 5:30am. We get up at 4:30am to get ready. We're super excited and ready to go by 5:30am. After an hr of calling and texting David he finally calls back and says his phone alarm didn't go off. He said if we still wanted to we had to pay the extra $40/person to fly. So you oversleep and make us wait an hr and you want us to pay $80 to fly now? After a pointless argument with him we agreed to pay half the additional fees as we didn't have much time left to debate. David shows up and he absolutely wreaks of ALCOHOL! Your alarm didn't go off??? He was bombed? It was me and my girlfriend but I can't imagine it we were a family with kids. I wish it just ended there. We get to the airport and he said he already booked our flights before arriving. He comes out and tells us that my girlfriend and I have to fly on separate flights. He drives me over to Tropic Air. After 15 minutes of desperate negotiations with several people at the counter it was clear I didn't have a flight and that I wasn't flying with them. We went back over to Mayan Air where my girlfriend and the 3 other people we were going with where. David then tells us we have to wait and hr to all fly out together. After expressing how displeased we were he goes back in says we're flying out all together and right now but actually one of us has to fly separately. The husband of the family of 3 says he'll do it and he hops right on the plane. David says we'll be heading out 5 minutes later. It was about 45 minutes later.

We finally get there and meet our tour guide Michael who saved the day. He was so joyful and amazing and made our whole day incredible. Mayan Ruins were very cool, ziplining was super fun, and cave tubing was incredible. Some advice, go on Fri-Sun because the cruise ship people are there Mon-Thurs and it's supposedly a whole other experience when there's 500 people all trying to cave tube and zipline at the same place.

Trip 4 - Golf cart rental. We'll it's not exactly a trip but David promises you a free 24hr golf cart rental if you book multiple tour with him. We call him to redeem it at like 7:30am. He tells us the golf cart places don't open until 9am so we'd have to wait. He shows up at our place around 9am with his personal cart and as it turns out it's not the golf cart place that opens at 9am, it's his business. He was waiting so when he dropped off the cart we could drive him to work. He then says he'll be back at 5pm to pick it up. Uh, 24hr cart rental? That's more like 8hrs. He said he got off at 5pm so he needed it back. So basically we just get to use your cart while you're at work and we need to take you and pick you up from work? I told him that he said 24hrs and he then decides to let us keep it until the next morning but he need us to let him use it at 5pm still. We stop what we're doing to get back by 5pm and he then texts that he doesn't need it anymore. When he comes to pick the cart up he says that we used 1/4 of a tank and that we owe him $15 US dollars for gas. So you're golf cart will hold $60 US worth of gas? It's a golf cart not an SUV. Our friends have a cart and said it takes about $20 US to fill the entire tank from empty. How crooked can this guy get? And this is after all of the other disasters. We spent $1k with this guy and he just continued to jerk us around.

In conclusion, I highly recommend steering clear of David as he has sloppy business practices and is as crooked as can be. Fortunate for him all of the guides on the tours were amazing. If I were them I'd start working with someone else because David doesn't deserve them. Steer clear of this guy and Caribbean Adventures.

6  Thank Jake M