Belizean Shores Resort
$170
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$360
$236
$280
  • Breakfast included
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
  • Pool
$349
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
Orbitz.com
All reviewstuff e nuffswim up barwater taxiin towngolf cartbasketball courtambergris cayeping pongrum punchawesome poolbelize cityfull kitchenpool bartendersister propertytuff enuff toursrented bikeswater trampoline
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We chose this resort after our reservation at Ramons Village was canceled after it burned down. Now, after being in Belize, I would have chosen differently. Ramons Village was in town and this resort is a 10 minutes boat ride away. We bought the $30 per person water taxi pass knowing that it would pay for itself after 3 round trips. The taxi has several departures but they are several hours apart so you are always feeling a little pressure so you don't miss the boat. We had to hurry through dinner because if we missed the 6:15pm boat back to the resort the next boat wasn't until 8:30pm. No big deal. All the golf carts in town make it a very noisy, busy place. We thought from the hotel description that getting a golf cart would be fun but the rains prior to our coming made the road full of pot holes and they told us the trip to town would take 40 minutes. Plus the cost of the golf carts was way too high.
Our unit was nice and even though we weren't on the water we had a nice water view. My brother paid $300USD more for a unit beachfront and it wasn't worth it. It was poorly furnished (12B) and the bed was so bad he had to sleep in the loft and give his wife the bed. The living room couch was also uncomfortable and the side chairs too. He was very sorry he booked the beachfront room. Our 3D room was very nicely furnished and quite comfortable. We cooked 2 dinners there, once after buying fresh fish from a guy on the beach. The units have AC and several ceiling fans. The water pressure is a problem at times and once the power was off for 3 hours. Wifi is spotty, I got it best when I was down at the beach or standing on the very corner of my outside patio. The mesquitos are a problem, however. The Tuff E Nuff staff is wonderful. We fell in love with Minelli(think Liza, she told us). It was too windy to use the kayaks and paddle boards and we didn't even go snorkeling because the guys told us it was so rough out by the reef. My husband and I aren't big on laying in the sun so we sat under the trees in the shade and read a lot. There's really nothing to do, we took a lot of walks in each direction on the beach. The TV had a lot of free movie channels and we watched at least 2 movies a day. The restaurant on the premises isn't nice and it's way too pricey. We bought breakfast burittos from a guy on his bicycle every morning for $2 each. Breakfast isn't included and was $18. We went there but the place smelled so greasy we didn't stay. There are several other places to eat within a 10-15 minute walk on the beach. There is another condo unit being built next door so be sure and ask to be far away from that. They start very early with the saws and the pounding, my brother's unit was right next to it.
Do a lot of research before you pick your accommodations, I thought I had done enough, but I wasn't that pleased with my choice. Of course, this is all very clear after you've been there!
If you like to lay in the sun, read and basically do nothing, this resort is perfect. If you want more excitement choose a place in town.

Room Tip: We had unit 3D, it was nicely furnished. All the condos here are privately owned so each one is different. 12B had a very soft bed, uncomfortable furniture and next door to construction.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cindyhart
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was on business in Belize City and so was on vacation for 3 days wanting primarily to dive the Blue Hole. I booked the stay on hotels.com and received a 44% discount so from my view, a villa (i.e. kitchen, living room plus bedroom) was good value for money. The room was extremely well-appointed. The only disappointment which prevented me from giving the property a full 5 stars is the poor quality of the WiFi Internet connection in my room.

There was plenty of room in my villa for a couple or a small family as the couch folds out to a bed. Staff service was uniformly amazing. I absent-mindedly locked my self out of my room more than once, and was back in my room in less than 10 minutes.

Guests tend to congregate in the pool and the related swim-up bar at the center of the property before moving on to whatever activities they have planned. As a solo traveler, this was my way of socializing with my fellow guests and getting invaluable travel tips.

Ambergis Caye is not Cancun, and that is its charm. But it means that amenities are mostly concentrated in the village of San Pedro. So, some (albeit minimal) effort has to be expended once the restaurants and activities within walking distance to the property have been exhausted. Fortunately, the property has anticipated this and there is a tour operator (Tuff Enuff) right on the dock which can arrange any activity you would like. I booked my Blue Hole dives this way. (Hats off to Tuff Enuff staff who were uniformly efficient and professional.)

As I said, the charm of Ambergis Caye is that it is not built up. Here are some tips for getting around. There are many options. Note that Belizean Shores staff are able to arrange any and all transfers or transportation options that you would want.

- You are an additional complementary, 10 minute boat ride away from Belizean Shores once you arrive in San Pedro (usually landing at the local airport from the International Airport in Belize City). If you want to take advantage of the kitchen in your Villa you need to buy supplies in town. On arrival, your boat captain may offer the option of shopping for groceries in San Pedro, take advantage of it.

- Walk. Bring a flashlight for evening excursions along the beach. It is almost a necessity to walk at night as meal options on the property will be exhausted pretty quickly. Walking the distance to San Pedro seems to me to be too much effort, but others have done it.

- Rent a bicycle for ($5) a day. From Belizean Shores this is for the relatively fit and moderately experienced bike handler. It is between 40-20 minutes (depending on fitness level) biking along the beach to get to San Pedro. It is an awesome way of touring the Island as you will get to know pretty quickly what amenities are available on other properties and there are many.

- Rent a golf cart. I did not do this. My advice was it is not recommended.

- Water Taxi. Can be arranged to leave from the Belizean Shores dock to San Pedro or other destinations.

While I did not do this, I would have like to take a day trip to the even more chill (hard to believe!) and smaller Caye Caulker. Think of San Pedro 5-7 years ago.

All in all, customer service was what made my stay. Thanks to all.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RSantos_15
Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I returned last week from a week long stay at Belizean Shores. We are trying to figure out when we can to go back! The moment we arrived in San Pedro, by plane with Tropic Air, everything was taken care of, and there were no worries. Taxi picked us up from airport, took us to boat dock, very short ride. Quick boat ride took us to Belizean Shores Resort. We were met on the dock by Marrianne with drinks, and our luggage was carted off to our condo. Marrianne gave us a quick tour of the property, which is beautiful, just like the pictures. We could not have picked a better location. After looking at a couple of the other properties that we considered, we sure were glad we picked Belizean Shores. Some of them are not what they appear to be online. We had such a relaxing good time. The resort was quiet, but anything you would want to do is available. My husband booked a couple of diving trips with the Tuff-E-Nuff crew, and had an awesome time. William at the Blue Hole pool bar makes some really tasty drinks. David in the main office was very helpful with getting us a golf cart for the week. We enjoyed the freedom of having the golf cart, which is the main form of transportation on the island. The BUMPY ride/road as Marianne called it, sure could use some work, maybe it will be better on our next trip! Our condo, 12B was everything and more as was stated online. The bed was comfortable, the shower had enough pressure, and the kitchen was just big enough and stocked with everything we needed to cook a few simple meals ourselves. The only thing I would change would be the couch. It's comfortable enough just didn't have any arms. Due to the condo only having a TV in the living room we found it difficult for both of us to lay down and watch TV at night. That is until my husband had the bright idea to bring down one of the twin mattresses from the loft. We had such a great time and would recommend this resort to anyone and everyone! Thank-you everyone at Belizean Shores Resort, you are doing a great job, keep up the good work!

5  Thank Hollie H
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed with our friends in Belizean Shores few weeks ago for 3 nights.
The accommodation and service were so good and the staff is extremely friendly.
Although we have arrived and left in different time, the hotel stuff made effort to make sure that our friends and us stayed in the same bungalow, so we could open the internal door between two accommodations, I thought it was very thoughtful. The food served in the hotels cafe was very nice too. The whole area of the resort is so carefully taken care of. The cocktails served in the pool bar are must try!! There is a whole range of activities offered to travellers by tuff enuff that is located just outside of the resort. We had amazing time in Belize!
I'd definitely recommend this place to everyone!

2  Thank Chooshka
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We took tropic air from belize city to san pedro and were glad we did. Belizean shores arranged that flight and from the minute we landed at san pedro airport we were handled with professional service by tuff enuff from the airport to the water taxi to the resort. met at the dock with a rum cocktail, we were taken to our rooms to freshen up, a quick dip in the ocean revived us and we showered and finished checkin. Upstairs for dinner, we were too tired to leave the resort...my rice and beans with chicken dinner was just fine, as was the chicken parmesean. Room 2 a was perfect, right in front, beautiful view of the water. The whole resort is neat and clean and very well maintained. We bought the 5 day water taxi pass, and glad we did. Dinner at warugumas for lobster was excellent. We did visit the sister resort next door and ate in their beautiful beautiful restaurant, Cocoblanca. The food was so-so, as were the drinks and I felt its just too bad that such a fancy place had such so so food. We never went back. We arranged trips thru tuff enuff-again very very convenient and professional. Hol chan and shark ray alley were fun but the highlight of our week was the trip to AtM-a bit pricy at $300 per person but I'm so glad we did it. Again, tuff enuff arranged the whole trip and while I was afraid that I was not fit enough to enjoy ATM it was not as difficult as I was afraid it would be.
I would recommend belizean shores to anyone...we had a wonderful stay.

2  Thank alacraft