We loved our three day stay at the Belizean Shores, and wish we had stayed longer! From the time they picked us up at the airport and met us at the dock with rum punch, to the time we left on their shuttle, we could not have wanted for anything! The staff was friendly and helpful, and the property was immaculately kept. We rented bikes at the front desk ($5 US per bike for the day) and explored the area to the south, as far as town. As we rode the beach by one property after another, we kept commenting on how glad we were to be at Belizean shores! We enjoyed going into San Pedro a couple of times, but we also could have spent the entire time enjoying the tennis courts, pool, kayaks, stand up paddle boards, basketball, volley ball, and dock areas (with water trampoline and slide).
We did one half day snorkel trip with Tough Enuff Tours (located on the hotel dock). We are both experienced divers, but found the tour was fun and interesting for all levels. We saw tons of rays, turtles, morays, and a couple of nurse sharks.
We stayed in a unit at the front on the beach and liked getting tamales and burritos from the vendors who come by on their bikes. They're not allowed to go onto the hotel property, so if you're interested in that, stop by the beach area between 730 and 830. You'll be glad you did!
We had originally thought it might be inconvenient to stay so far out of town (4 miles or so), but we found that the accommodations were far nicer a few miles north, and the water taxis run pretty much on schedule. The hotel also has complementary water taxis at the beginning and end of your stay, and they'll usually let other guests jump on those runs for free- it's just that those don't go on a specific schedule.
Obviously I can't say enough about this place. We loved it and hope to go back again sometime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro