This was a great resort and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious and we had a full kitchen and large living area. Other reviews have commented about the lack of privacy because the upstairs has to walk through the porch area, but that was not an issue for us. We also did not experience any noise issues from those staying above us.
We did have one maintenance issue on the A/C unit, but that was quickly repaired by the resort's maintenance staff.
The pool is excellent with a swim up bar and nice features. A definite plus for the resort.
The beach area is small, but that is standard for resorts in Belize. My one negative for Belizean Shores is the distance from downtown San Pedro. We were in Belize for an event that required us to go to town everyday. The primary means of transportation to town is water taxi that leaves from the pier in front of the resort. This is an additional charge, but a 5 day pass can be purchased for only $30. The frequency of the water taxi makes this means of transportation less than convenient. Unless Belizean Shores (Sandy Point Resorts) increases the frequency of the water taxi, I would recommend staying here only if you don't want to visit San Pedro too frequently.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro