In my opinion this is a so-so resort, no frills but suitable non-the-less.
The rooms were large and spacious giving you the feel of your own condo/apartment. Space is really the only thing these rooms have going for them as they are outdated and in some cases rundown. The furniture and decor would benefit from a little modernization as they look like artifacts left from the 80's. The kitchen and appliances can also use some modernization as our fridge and stove was old and worn, not very attractive and appealing.
This was our major complaint as the food was horrible and too expensive. We were traveling in the jungles of Belize for nearly 2 weeks and grew to love the local cuisine but our taste buds and wallets were in for a big surprise at this resort. Most of the food here is "Westernized". On their menu they claim to have a few cultural foods from Belize but they are water-down and do not represent true local cuisine. Also, the menu is limited, which became a problem after our 2nd day. We had the intent of leaving the hotel to eat somewhere else but the hotel is rather far away and during October most establishments and restaurants were closed causing us to eat at the resort. If you plan on staying here just know that you'll be spending a lot on subpar food, and if you want to eat elsewhere you'll have a 35min commute via water taxi.
Not the idealist of locations as you are about 35min away from the town center. If you plan on staying at the resort all day this wont be a problem. They have a water taxi to take you in and out but you'll have to pay each time you use it.
The hotel can help you arrange excursions only through their subcontracted excursion company. This was annoying as the excursion company didn't offer anything of our interest and what they did have seemed slightly overpriced. In the end, find your own excursion company as you'll save tons of money not using the hotels subcontracted. Also, all the companies in San Pedro will pick you up via water taxi so you don't have to worry. Do a little research prior to leaving, it will be in your best interest.
The beach or the nonexistence of a beach. In San Pedro it's difficult to find lush beach fronts as the island is surrounded by reef barriers. There is a small area of beach front maybe 10ft but its so small you can't swim in the ocean. They have a swimming pool to help cool off or you can jump off the boat pier and try to get a ocean swim.
Overall there aren't any major flaws with this hotel but there aren't many things to rave about. If I return to San Pedro, I'd look into a different resort. If cost is a concern then this is a good deal for your money but if you can spend a little more you'll probably get a better and more memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro