We stayed at the Belizean Shores in early April (during our Spring Break), and we were surprised how quiet the resort was. We didn't have to fight for pool chairs, and the place generally speaking felt very quiet. Not sure if it was the particular week we went (week before Easter, which I imagine is the Spring Break for many schools), but it felt quiet and a bit isolated.
There were only a couple of restaurants within walking distance (we really liked Capricorn's stuffed grouper (the house specialty)). Otherwise, you'd likely need to take a water taxi or golf court to San Pedro to eat.
So if peace and quiet is the atmosphere you're looking for, then this may be the place for you. We really enjoyed the pool, swim up pool bar, and the air conditioned rooms. Our room was an "upper level" room, so if you have kids staying with you, I would recommend an upper level room since there's a loft on top where the kids could sleep (they liked having their own space up there).
The water taxi into San Pedro was $10/pp round trip (or $25/pp for unlimited trips for 5 days), which discouraged us from going there too much. Instead, we rented a golf cart, which for a family of 4, is comparable to the water taxi (for a 2-4 hour rental) but gave us a bit more flexibility. The kids (ages 12 and 10) also enjoyed driving the cart.
Overall, had a wonderful stay there, and would recommend it for those seeking quiet isolation. For those families looking for some excitement and wide choice of restaurants, I would recommend choosing a resort closer to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, casual and comfortable resort, Belizean Shores is the perfect choice for travelers seeking adventure or peaceful relaxation. Our resort features a brilliant pool, pool side snack service, a fun swim up bar, onsite concierge and one of the island’s highest rated tour operations right onsite. Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards are available during the day along with giant chess, ping pong and a dual basketball/tennis court. Bicycle and golf cart rentals can easily be arranged at the front desk as can waterfront or in-room spa services. Located right on the water, guests can also enjoy swimming in the warm Caribbean right from our dock. Located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro town, the resort is outside of the hustle and bustle of town, yet easily accessible via water taxi or ground taxi service or bicycle or golf cart rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belizean Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belizean Shores Hotel San Pedro
- Belizean Shores San Pedro
- Belizean Shores Resort Belize/San Pedro