“Pizza takeout”

Bella Italia
Ranked #91 of 203 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Got a great pizza here to take back to the family after a long day of diving the Blue Hole. Took 20 minutes - it was huge, full of meat and vegetables and piping hot.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pasta pasta pasta seafood lasagna fettuchini it is all good.
Nice place to get your energy levels up again.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

There was a lot on the Menu to choose from, I had a hard time deciding...the price was good! I chose a tomatoe pasta dish that was very good and large portion, I ended up making it into 2 meals. Food is prepared fresh so it took a little while for them to make it, which I was perfectly fine with.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had pizza and a pasta dish. The pizza was quite good. The carbonara was OK, not great.

The real problem was with the bill. It was taking a while to get the bill and I went to the counter to get it and the owner and waiter were having a heated discussion over our bill. The waiter handed me the bill which had just the names of the items we had ordered and a total amount, not per item amounts. The amount was significantly higher than I had expected so I asked about it and the waiter said, "Oh, the price of the drinks on the menu is not correct we had to increase the price due to the cost of limes." The the price of a lime drink on the menu is $3 Bz and they charged us $5 Bz (that's a pretty hefty increase in the price of limes!). I said OK, but the bill is still higher than I expected. The waiter indicated that our water was $2 apiece (this was not bottled water, but small glasses of tap water which we did not ordered, no list of a charge for table water on the menu. The waiter then said that there was also a "service charge". Well that would not make a lot of sense given that this is a small restaurant with one waiter, but the real problem was that the "service charge" amounted to 20%, which, in San Pedro, is outrageous. There is no mention of a service charge on the menu and there was none on the bill.
I told them I thought the bill was higher than it should be, but that I was not going to argue about it.
So, I would recommend that before you order you ask if there are any changes to the menu prices, if there is a service charge and If you don't want to pay for tap water have them take it away. Better yet, try another restaurant.

1  Thank TravelTalk2
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on our last night. I was wanting something different. We were not disappointed. You must make this a stop on your trip. The owner was really nice and the portion sizes were huge and delicious! It was a nice surprise.