“Wasn't sure what to expect!”

Pupuseria Salvadoreno
Ranked #11 of 192 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Family owned authentic hand made pupusas, fajitas, civiche made to order. Tostades, carne asada, Belizean rice and beans and delicious burritos.
Reviewed August 11, 2014

It is EL Salvadorian cuisine. I did not understand the menu and the pics but the wait staff was very helpful. When our food came out, we were given a jar of what tasted like raw sauerkraut and a jar of tomato juice. Not completely sure what to do with it we put the sauerkraut on our plates and added the tomato juice. We ate it with our pupuserias. I had some concerns that the jars were communal and wondered about sanitation, but threw caution to the wind and ate it. It was surprisingly okay. It made for a good lunch, but I am not sure if I would have like to eat it for dinner.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Pupusas - doughy, pita-like tortillas....filled and grilled.
Yes - go there. Get four - for, like, nothing - and eat em up.
First time I've had them (although their flavors aren't foreign to anyone who's eaten atex-Mex, really)
Very good with the cabbage and tomato sauce applied on top

Ceviche - best we've had so far, I mean REALLY good - and have had ceviche at four other places (Wild Mango's is #2)

Chicken Quesadilla - UNREAL. Used the same doughy flatbread (instead of a typical tortilla) Folks this thing was superb.. I just had a couple bites of my daughters as we were leaving, and wished I'd ordered IT instead of my...

Lobster Burrito -- For under $13 US, this thing had a TON of tasty lobster morsels, and an entire shell-on tail! But the flavors (rice, beans, traditional tortilla and...cabbage?) weren't so good, really
I ate the lobster and left the rest

Will go back - for Pupusas, Quesadilla (seriously - and I NEVER order quesadillas) and superb value for the money.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I killed about 6 amazing pupusas for lunch for under 10 US dollars. It was fast, delicious, and just as amazing as pupusas in any other Centralamerican country. I recommend the mixed ones- pork/bean/cheese!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were actually headed to the restaurant across the street for highly rated lobster burritos. That place was closed so we just went across the street, saw lobster burritos on the menu and sat down. The lobster burrito was great and the chicken quesadilla was the best I've had anywhere!

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough great things about the wonderful dishes here in a truly Latin atmosphere. Leave the tourist traps and try something new. We loved everything we tried!