“Favourite restaurant in San Pedro”

Pupuseria Salvadoreno
Ranked #9 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Salvadoran, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned authentic hand made pupusas, fajitas, civiche made to order. Tostades, carne asada, Belizean rice and beans and delicious burritos.
“Favourite restaurant in San Pedro”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Hands down my favourite restaurant in San Pedro! Ate here at least 5 times during my one-week vacation. Try the ceviches and the seafood soup with coconut rice, you'll be craving for more. Get a few pupusas too, the house speciality!

Union, New Jersey
“Yeaaaa”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Ok so we stopped in here on a whim. Great choice! I ordered a chicken quesadilla... Yea I know how American of me. But anyway it was delicious. The chicken was marinated in some kind of heavenly sauce. The tortilla was buttery and my coca cola was ice cold. My wife had a pumpkin pupusa and a mixed one, beans, cheese and pork. Both were delicious too. Family owned for at least 12 years now. The owners mom is in the kitchen so you know it's good.

Keizer
“Ordered more to go.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had dinner at the Pupuseria and found the food delicious, but the pupusas, oh so good, so much so we ordered several to go for a late-night snack. Sitting at the table watching as they were preparing them was an added treat.

Visited October 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Find”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our land taxi driver showed us this place on the way from the water taxi and to our hotel and said it was where he always eats. To me that usually means one of a few things... he's being paid, he's family, he wants to kill tourists, or he actually likes the place. Since I like to put my life at risk and try new food, we had to check out this pupuseria, They were pretty friendly, and seemed to compete with Waruguma's across the street in a friendly fashion as well. For my first pupusas I went a little on the cautious side with just pork and cheese, (I still wasn't sure what the taxi driver had in mind) but they were so good that by the time we left we had sampled a good many items on the menu. I wasn't sure about the jars of slaw just out on the table at first and I still don't know if I utilised it and the tomato sauce properly?? But it all tasted really great regardless. It really is a hole in the wall type place, but it's clean and friendly and really affordable. If I'm back in San Pedro, I would certainly eat here again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank sslssg
ny
“Delicious and one of the best valued meals we had in San Pedro”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have eaten hundreds of pupusas in my lifetime and unfortunately these were good but not the best. The conch ceviche on the other had was hands down the best I have ever had. The prices were very reasonable and the wait staff attentive. They could spruce up the place a bit but otherwise it is a charming little place.

• Visited October 2013