“Conquered my fears.......”

Action Divers and Adventures
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at the Portofino beach resort so it was convenient that Action Divers was on the premises. I was not planning on snorkeling at all because I do not know how to swim. I meet Roberto after getting back from one of my excursions I took. Right off the bat, I felt very comfortable with him. He offered to teach me how to swim/snorkel before going out to a snorkeling site. The next day he kept his word and he taught me step by step what to do and what to expect when snorkeling. Small to some but that was an accomplishment on its own for me. The got the courage to book a excursion with him for the following day. I highly recommend Action Divers and Adventure. Coming from someone who does not know how to swim, I trusted them with my life. I swam in the deep ocean, swam with sharks, sting rays, and I even saw two dolphins. This experience has encouraged me to take swimming lesson and to one day go back to Belize and get scuba certified with Roberto and Action Divers.

There are newer reviews for Action Divers and Adventures

Reviewed July 10, 2013

This was the most expensive of our three days of diving in Belize. We were the only two divers on the boat. We felt like we were supposed to set up out own gear, though usually the crew does that for you. With only two divers with two crew members, I would have expected more assistance. The first dive was kind of cool, we went through some caverns and saw some cool fish. The second dive was a disappointment. We dropped to 40 feet or so below the surface, and then the guide just hung there... he didn't take us anywhere. We kind of went out on our own looking around on the ocean floor, which was fine. We are used to being led along a more specific path that maximizes our dive time and naturally brings us to a slow ascending path as the dive ends with a safety stop if needed. I felt like we were on our own. Furthermore, our guide grabbed a lobster off the ocean floor and took it home for dinner, which we later discovered is illegal and could bring a $1000 fine and/or jail time. While we appreciated them taking us out on short notice, we were not impressed with their customer service or professionalism. We were in a very secluded resort, and it would have been most convenient for us to continue our business with them, but we decided to venture elsewhere in search of an outfit that valued our business more.

2  Thank bfranks1698
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I wanted to get certified while we were on vacation. Roberto and his crew were so attentive to our needs, they took their time to make sure we were ready to move on! They were patient and covered all the bases. You have to see them for any and all of adventures on the island!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

we booked Action Divers in San Pedro Belize and had THE most amazing trip!!! We snorkeled,fished, visited Hol chan marine reserve, Shark-Ray alley,lobstering and the best beach Bar b q featuring our own catch!!! Split this into 2 days as they spend every minute making sure you have the best time possible! No rush and they smile as much as you do!! Great guys, thanks to Clinton and Zied you are the best of the best!!! Jean, Hailee and Evan

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a fantastic experience with Action Divers in San Pedro Belize! Roberto and his team did an excellent job getting us SCUBA certified! They were very helpful and most of all very patient with us as we learned all the information! Thanks to a great team! Highly recommend this group!
Milton & Kim Murphy