Review Highlights
Great place for diving

Love this resort for convenient place to dive and stay. Close to town and restaurants. Professional... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
HeyRayCa
Toronto
via mobile
First Class Operation!

We were on Ambergris Caye the end of October for a week and had already done two full day sails... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
KelflyOh
Colorado

All reviews dive sites blue hole half moon caye dive master dive shop afternoon dive fish boat captain lighthouse reef shop manager dive staff safe dive deep dive crew members nurse sharks hour trip dive trip
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I recently enjoyed two outings with Ramon's Village Divers. Wow!!! We had a great experience on both snorkling trips. The staff was professional and kind and very informative. Our guide actually participated with us pointing out different kinds of fish and coral. He made sure everyone felt safe and confident in the water. The picnic excursion was a blast. We snorkled Mexico Rocks and then we were treated to a fantastic cookout on the beach. I'm talking lobster, fish,and all the sides. The Dive shop manager,Rick, has been running the shop for 25 years. He knows his stuff and it shows! If you are going to San Pedro to scuba dive or snorkle,Ramon's Village Divers is the place!!!

1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went wiht these guys for the blue hole 3 tank dive day. We thought they had a pretty solid operation running. Picked up up at the hotel peir, friendly, professional. Took good care of us on the blue hole dive as well as the others. The last dive was a drift dive - but we weren't really prepped for a drift dive.

All in all -- VERY happy we chose them for the long day of diving. They knew what they were doing - have a nice lond haul boat, and are professional, which is what you want on a deep dive like the blue hole.

Ernest even cut us a deal on the trip....honestly, not sure if it was a deal or not/.

1  Thank Kevin_2828
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We went on a day-long trip to Blue Hole. There were maybe 6 staff from Ramon's. There were about 20-25 tourist divers. The sea was rough that day. The Ramon staff got us situated then proceeded to ignore us. One put on head phones and listened to music, tuning us out. Another went to the side of the boat and lay down to take a nap. One drove the boat and two others huddled together and talked in their own language. No tips, no instructions, no pointing out sites let alone conversation on this 3 hour trip to Blue Hole. The waves got really rough and one diver fell and actually broke his ankle. Had the Ramons' Village Staff been sitting with us, they could've warned him not to get up, told him to hold on, etc., anything at all! But no, nothing. We were ignored. We were just a commodity, dollars, cattle... The entire day went that way. Every dive, every interaction was emotionless, without care and simply robotic. It was as if they resented having to take us diving. I wish we'd known. I've dove all over the world and have been certified for 20 years. Ramons is the worst dive operation I've ever encountered. (We found a great small independent dive operator who took us on 6 other dives that trip and all were great.)

6  Thank Maria B
Reviewed May 22, 2013

All the dive masters took great care of everyone. Very helpful, patient. I got nitrogen narcosis while diving the Blue Hole. One of the dive masters took my hand and stayed with me until I was okay. We dove 136 feet down. Also did other dives, sharks, turtles, rays, eels, lots of fish. Great dive shop. Had been a few years since I dove and they took me out on a check out dive first. GREAT time. GREAT dive masters. GREAT people in the dive shop. HIGHLY recommend this for safe and good equipment and reasonable prices. Would not dive with anyone else.

1  Thank Kristen R
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Ramons was recommended by Chuck and Robbies for the Blue Hole and Lighthouse Reef Dive day. It is a long trip and the big boat was a must. There are only a couple of operations that go out there because of the distance and boat needed.

Ramon's was very good to go with. Breakfast was served on the boat and lunch was served at Half Moon Caye - the only place in the Caribbean to see the red-footed boobie bird. They take the 130 foot dive into the blue hole very seriously and provide very clear and direct instruction before the dive. The other two dives were at Half Moon Caye and Aquarium - both were very great dives.

Take lots of sunscreen for this 12 hour day.

1  Thank Marcia S