“Masterful dive masters”

Ramon's Village Divers
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Earnest has found his calling. From The Blue Hole to feeding nurse sharks and Green Moray Eels, Earnest made us feel comfortable and enjoy the experience. After not diving for 5 years we needed a little extra attention and Earnest provided it. We also dove with Will, and he too provided a great diving experience. The first few days of our dives the sea was quite choppy getting out to the reef, but under Earnest's expert guidance we got to our dive sites in one piece.

1  Thank Beverley B
There are newer reviews for Ramon's Village Divers

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We booked with Ramon's for a blue hole dive about two months in advance. I spoke to them several times to reconfirm. I talked to them a week in advance. Each time I called I was routed to the US reservation line who put me on hold while they called the dive shop. I called two days before I was schedule to go to the blue hole and they said said call back the next day and they would for sure confirm. I called the day before and at 3pm they still said well they couldn't confirm it but I should plan on showing up anyways. It is apparent to me that they want to hold your booking to prevent you from calling another shop even if they don't plan on taking you where you want to go. I talked to our hotel and they recommended another shop who confirmed us immediately for the next day. Ramons never did cancel my reservation even though they never went to the Blue hole the days I booked.

If you have limited time in Belize and want to ensure you see the Blue Hole I don't recommend booking with Ramon's

4  Thank ksiddel
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been to Belize several times. We always stay on Ambergris Caye. We have used other dive shops, but Ramon's is the best. They have brand new equipment and excellent dive masters. The dive masters are competent, fun and very safety conscious. I learn something new each time with them. Thank you to Marcos, Will and Rayo! Fish (his name) was a terrific snorkeling guide for our last day when we could not dive. The staff takes great care of us and recommends local dining spots that are under the radar. We did not stay at Ramon's resort, but others who dove with us really liked it. And Ramon's will pick you up at most any resort you are staying at and get you to the dive shop. I really like the fact that they have lockers, so if you are planning many dives throughout your stay, you can leave your gear (or their rental equipment) in the lockers. This way you don't have to start all over getting your gear every day and you don't have to carry a heavy dive bag back and forth to your bungalow.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a wonderful dive vacation, made more special by Ramon's. dive staff. On one boat I had rayo as Dive Master and Ricky as boat captain and they could not have been more attentive or professional, or FUN!
On another boat I had Wil as Dive Master and Andy as boat captain and it was amazing how experienced and supportive they were! Also need to mention Judy at the counter... she is very organized and makes signing up for dives a pleasure!
Don't dive with anyone else. Ramon's can't be beat!

1  Thank Bernadette03
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My family (husband, 10-year old son, and I) did the tour with Edwin yesterday. He was amazing and patient, even with my son who kept tapping him on the shoulder to ask questions. When my son asked Edwin to try to get a smaller shark to look at, Edwin really tried, but the darn things were fast. At one point my son even kicked poor Edwin in the head with his fin and Edwin didn't snap at him, which I would have. Bring a tip for Edwin, he is worth it!

What to bring: wear your swimwear, sandals, and a coverup or shorts, sunblock, towel (if you don't like to air dry on the boat), mask, snorkel, fins (if you don't have them you can rent them from Ramon's), and some money for tip. They already have water on board for you.

Other stuff to know: The total length of the trip was about 2 1/2 hours. It's only about a 5 minute boat ride to Hol-Chan and then you snorkel about 45 minutes. We saw a vast variety of sea creatures here: sea turtles, spotted eagle ray, moray eel, etc. Then you take the boat for about 5 minutes to Shark-Ray Alley. There, you see spotted eagle ray and nurse sharks. They are not overwhelming and you can avoid them if you want to, or you can get up close.

1  Thank ahartman1112