“The Smoked Fried Chicken was a pleasant surprise”
Review of Lazy Croc BBQ - CLOSED

Lazy Croc BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Southern Slow Smoked Barbecue served Tuesdays - Sundays from 11am - 7pm
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The Lazy Croc is a cute little place with a backwoods feel. The menu is simple, ribs, chicken & pork with a few sides. The pulled pork was just average but the smoked fried chicken I would go back for any day of the week. They actually ran out of the chicken before they closed for the day so go early enough to order it. It's smoked for 90 minutes then battered and fried. It was tender & crispy. Limited bar and sides is a drawback, but I would definitely go back again. They even have the "Huckleberry Ferry" which is a table on a makeshift raft that they will push out into the middle of the crocodile infested swamp.

1  Thank Greg L

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wow, amazed by all the great reviews here. My experience is completely opposite, even if I visited this place on an off day, it means this place is very inconsistent. I had the pull pork and ribs combo. The ribs was advertised as "baby back", but the one I had was clearly spare ribs. Worse, the ribs was way overcooked, there were parts that are completely bone dry. The pull pork was not much better, when it was served to us several pieces were actually cold, and of course, very dry. May be it was because I came here for dinner, but this is easily the worse restaurant that I ate at in my 10 days in Belize.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I pulled into Lazy Croc on Friday, 6/27 for some BBQ and Belikin(s) while I was out on a golf cart adventure. Being from the south I was not expecting too much on the BBQ, but I had to try it just to see. I was extremely surprised by the pulled pork and the ribs. Both were excellent as was the side of beans and the coleslaw. The service was very good. Good place to stop in for some BBQ.

2  Thank KK-AB-BB
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Didn't see any crocodiles. The waiter told us that they come by at night and we were there during the day. The food was very basic. Smoked chicken didn't taste much almost worse than KFC. the pulled pork was good with a spicy sauce but the overdose of French fries made it to heavy. Overall very american fast food like and not the BBQ joint it claims to be.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Pork was pretty good but not worth going out of the way for it, maybe the ribs are terrific...who knows? We were there at 11:15am and they were already out...server had an attitude.