“Enjoyed.”

Black Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Island Dining at It's Best....Serving Dinner Tuesday through Saturday from 5:30p-9:00p......Happy Hour Social from 3p-5p......Just 2.5 Miles South of town, a quick Golf Cart Ride beyond the Croc Pond and well before the Marco Gonzales Maya Ruins.....Reservations Recommended.
Kalispell, Montana
“Enjoyed.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lovely atmosphere. We both had shrimp dishes that were very good. Close to our hotel Pelican Reef Villas.

Visited May 2013
Judyann H, Owner at Black Orchid Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Hello Jadeglade....Thank you for joining us for dinner....We appreciate the review and happy to hear you enjoyed your shrimp dishes....All of our shrimp is locally grown fresh farmed and we are fortunate to have the sweet flavors that our local waters bring to the final product....We hope to see you again the future.....Warm breeze wishes from Belize.....

• Greek first
“What a nice surprise”
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I recently stayed at Athen's Gate and inquired of something close. They suggested the Black Orchid. What a pleasant treat. I had Spicy Shrimp and my friend had pasta. Everything was delicious. My only complaint were the abundant mosquitoes. Next time I'll just remember the repellant...and there will be a next time for another delicious meal.

• Visited May 2013
Judyann H, Owner at Black Orchid Restaurant, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello dinewithmarky......Thank you so much for your kind review....Athens Gate is a beautiful property and just a quick walk to our place (no affiliation)....We are happy to hear it worked out for you; and a little secret...the Spicy Shrimp is one of my all time favorites, I enjoy it often....We'll look forward to seeing you again......And we believe you'll be happy with our new pest control system......
Warwick, Rhode Island
“This was over the top!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm driving down this dirt road heading south out of town and I almost past it and slammed on the brakes and said WOW! Lets check it out. I went in and looked around and it was beautiful. I chatted with the owner and decided to come back for diner. Well let me tell you omg! The food, service and drinks were all excellent.
The rib eye is a combination of Belize beef and black angus, very good the shrimp scampi was perfect, the chocolate cake just right.
A few Mosquitos but easily resolved.

Visited April 2013
Judyann H, Owner at Black Orchid Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello Joe D.......So glad you ventured out of town and visited us South....I shared your review with our staff and we are all so pleased that you had a great experience. It's worth all the effort we put in each day when we hear about a happen chance visit turning into a great evening. We hope to see you again the next time you travel down our way.
Shepherdsville
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Beautiful restaurant, staff is very friendly and efficient. Food, not so much, very limited menu, not great food.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Peaches37
Judyann H, Owner at Black Orchid Restaurant, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Peaches 37.....Glad to hear you enjoyed our Restaurant Ambiance & Great Staff.....So sorry to hear you could not find items on the menu you would normally enjoy.....With more than 20 Entrees, 6 starters and 8 Appetizers (not including our Specials & Dessert menu) We have tried to make our choices both varietal and fun.....Maybe you'll try us again sometime....Be sure and ask for me when you arrive....
San Francisco, California
“So good we (almost) forgot about the mosquitos”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Wife and I went here on a recent trip to San Pedro. We were staying at Victoria House, just a few minutes up the road and we had heard great things.

What we didn't realize is that Black Orchid is not on the water. It's fairly close, but far enough inland to not get the ocean breeze so it's very warm and humid, and therefore there were lots of mosquitos. We also got there shortly after a late afternoon rain shower, which didn't help. The restaurant is a large open air dining room, for the bugs as well as the people it turns out. The owner did bring a small table fan over for us to use, and that helped a lot. He also offered us insect repellent, which we declined (in hind sight, I wish we hadn't). So above the table, with the fan, we were fine. Below the table, the bugs had a feast on our legs and feet.

But enough complaining. The food was amazingly good. We started with a warm shrimp and cheese dip with toasted baguette slices that was just out of this world. I could've ordered another bowl of that and called it a night. But we didn't. I had the lasagna, which makes my top 10 list for best lasagna i've ever had. Wife had a breaded grouper filet with some sort of orange sauce and coconut rice. It was also delicious. Topped it off with a delicious huge slice of chilled carrot cake. The service was excellent as well. Both our regular waiter and the owner came by frequently (but not too frequently) to check on us.

We would definitely go back to Black Orchid. All in all, it was a great dining experience. But in the future, I'll probably come more prepared with bug spray.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ElliottCooper
Dear ElliottCooper......So glad to hear you enjoyed our food.....It is thoughtful that you recognized our staff's efforts in making you comfortable......We love our Country Belize and our small island in the Caribbean.......Along with this beautiful land comes our challenges. We do have a State of the Art insect system that works quite well....However, once in a very rare occasion the pests win a battle.....We'll be sure and increase our misting frequencies so that you and future guests are more comfortable.....Warm breeze wishes to you....