“AWESOME SCUBA DIVE”
Review of Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Even tho I'm a neverous/anxiety type person Scuba Steve & his whole crew were very patenice with me. They are so nice & knowlegable about diving & the underwater attractions. First is the safety of divier then is the safety of the reef & marine live. Steve took us fishing, snorkling, then scuba diving! which every event was SO FREAKIN AWESOME !! the whole week was fulled with something new. Diffently worth the price! I agee with Crystal R on her review. And allthe site-seeing wasan extra plus. Oh the sharks were awesome too! Great Hooneymoon!

Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I certified in December 2013, Steve was professional and fun! We were lucky as we only had a class off three so he had lots of time to help us! I had equalization problems and he was very patient and helpful! His family was fun and and accommodating! They also gave lots of advice about the island and places to go! We go to San Pedro Belize often and can not wait to go back and go diving with Steve again! We have made many friends on the island! After one trip with Steve you will fell like you have been friends with him and his family for a long time!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor, I ultimately decided to go with Scuba Steve and his company, Belize Ocean Divers, for our snorkeling trip to Hol Chan and Shark-Ray Alley. Steve didn't have the most reviews, but the reviews he had were very good and he seemed like our type of person (laid back and very friendly and helpful). Plus, his rates were very competitive compared to many other quotes I had gotten. I confirmed our snorkeling trip with them prior to our visit to Belize, and they continued to stay in touch with me (which was great, as I kept e-mailing them with so many questions). When we got there, we met Jackie and Steve, who are truly the nicest and coolest people. Steve also brought along George, who would be our snorkeling guide as Steve would be doing some scuba diving with another member of the tour. George was incredibly knowledgeable about the reef and all of the wildlife and he would take the time to make sure that we were all comfortable and doing okay during the snorkeling. I got a crazy Charlie Horse leg cramp while we were snorkeling, but I was able to still enjoy my trip and not miss on anything, as George let me hold on to the life jackets he was carrying and pull me. Steve and George are also very conscientious and you can tell they care a lot about the sensitive reef and its wildlife, as they would make sure that we didn't accidentally touch any of the coral and that we kept our distance from the sharks since you're not supposed to touch them. (The rays are awesome and you can "pet" them - George is the manta-ray whisperer, as he can do a little thing and they swim right up to him!) Steve and George also knew many of the other people who were out on the water, and we had a great time chatting it up, and moreover, I am pretty sure we spent more time out on the water than other groups that I saw. I highly recommend Steve and his company! You can e-mail him at scubastevebelize@gmail.com or you can find him on the beach where Big Daddy's is (he is VERY centrally located - probably the best location in all of San Pedro). Although we went snorkeling with Steve, we would definitely use him if/when we ever want to get dive certified, as he comes highly recommended for diving here on TripAdvisor and on other places on the Internet. Thanks so much Steve, Jackie, and George!

1  Thank Crystal R
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I bought a house here a few years ago. Since he was a certified diver, my husband wanted me to get my dive certification also. We signed up with Scuba Steve and when we were out to take our first dive, I began to panic and hyperventilate (ready to give up), but Scuba Steve held me out of the water, talked with me and calmed me down. Ten minutes later I was enjoying some of the most breathtaking scenery I have ever seen. We have recommended him to all of our friends and most all of them have received their open water certification through him. He is very attentive to his students and I feel very safe when I dive with him. We make it to Belize about 3 or 4 times a year and dive with Scuba Steve every time we go. He is absolutely the best and knows all the great diving spots.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

After getting jerked around by other dive companies we can across Scuba Steve and his awesome family. He is very laid back yet extremely professional. His knowledge of the ocean and scuba diving is very apparently and as a group of open water divers in training we felt like we were in good hands with him. Not only did he take care of our diving needs but we also got to know his family and spent more time with them fishing and enjoying life. They are wonderful people and operate a great priced but, beyond that, a wonderful Belize experience with their generosity and friendliness! Hi Steve, Jackie, Eugene, and Jenna!!!