“Fresh fish done very well for less $ than most.”
Review of The Reef

The Reef
Ranked #81 of 188 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Whitecourt, Canada
“Fresh fish done very well for less $ than most.”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went into the Reef on the recommendation of a local. It was very quiet inside so I was not expecting a lot. Wow, great meal. My wife and I shared a sefood platter for two with lobster, rock crab, fish, conch, prawns.... It was done in a simple, fresh and tasty presentation.

• Visited December 2012

Canada
“One of the best”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I discovered The Reef on my first trip to San Pedro in 2008 and it, along with The Patio, has been one of my mainstays since then. I've eaten there many times since then and have always found it to have good food, good service, and reasonable prices. They have a fairly wide selection on the menu - nothing supercreative, but everything I've had has been well prepared and good tasting. I'm more of a burgers and chicken type, however those I've known who enjoy fish and seafood say this place is better than most anywhere else in town. The snapper I did have there on one occasion was quite excellent. Nothing fancy and no a/c, but the sand floor and array of floats they have hanging about make for a very pleasant ambiance. Do yourself a favour and try it out - I'm certain you'll be back.

• Visited March 2012
New York City, New York
“Local favorite...not sure why”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is a favorite among locals and highly recommended by most of them. However, we found the food to be just average. I had the restaurant's version of fish and chips and my husband had the conch. My husband said his was fine, mine was not that great. It was not awful but we found many better options on the island.

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing authentic food”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Fabulous local food at half the price of the other more well known places in San Pedro The freshly squeezed lemonade was so refreshing and if you are a non drinker it's a must. We shared a Caribbean snapper dish and it hit the spot. The fish was soft and the sauce was flavourful. We took our sandals off and enjoyed lunch in our bare feet with our feet in the sand. No hardwood floors here! Even the music was great with hits from the 80's from Madonna and MJ. We always enjoy supporting local businesses when travelling and we are glad we did so for this lunch. Food portions were also very large. For $10US you cannot go wrong. Joe from Joe's bike shop sent us-great guy!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank hova_11
Medford, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent and authentic”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went for a late lunch, after looking for the restaurant specifically because it was recommended in our travel book. We were glad we went, because it was excellent food. We had fish and it was very authentic to Belize served with beans and rice. The waiter was very prompt and courteous and helped explain the different dishes. While we were there we watched local fisherman deliver fresh fish and it was assuring us we are in the right place :) Excellent food!

• Visited August 2012