“Never Met Him Although We Hired Him...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Heaven Dives

Blue Heaven Dives
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Heaven Dives takes 6 divers or less on our 28'reef boat's. Small groups make it possible for us to cater to your special interests and needs. Expect total attention to you, your equipment, your requests and your fun. Michael and our experienced team has been taking divers to the many sites on the Barrier Reef for 18 years. Michael has guided divers to the Blue Hole over 4,500 times! Michael is also devoted to diving with people with handicaps and is training in adaptive diving. We look forward to making your next dive a safe and enjoyable one.
Santa Barbara, California
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Never Met Him Although We Hired Him...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Hmmm, read all these reviews and that just was not our experience. Very disappointed. I exchanged yemails throughout our planning period and was convinced that this was "the place" and that my husband was in good hands. His son,MJ (Michael Jr) showed up our first couple hours on the island and all seemed good. He said their prices were higher than others because they never charge for equipment usage. Husband is a very experienced diver and needed very littles anyway. Apparently his Father was unavailable at the time but we were NEVER TOLD he wasn't going to be giving the tour!! In the morning another dive company showed up and we had been pawned! Their prices were higher than we agreed to with BH as they indeed DID charge for fins, weights, tank, and regulator...hmmmm. Not cool, we booked with Michael and he NEVER even made an appearance. We could have booked with others on our own but believed his many emails to us to be true...,

5 Thank Jalama
michael s c, Owner at Blue Heaven Dives, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
I am very confused by this review-- I went to your hotel and met you when you arrived, not my son! I don’t have a son on the island, so I don’t know how that misunderstanding came about.
I explained at the time that since you had not confirmed a date for diving during your visit, I did not have you booked for any specific dives. I was sorry not to be able to take you when you wanted to go, but since I only take 6 people at a time, I made arrangements for you to dive with another very good company.
I saw your husband later and asked him how his dive was, and he said it was good.
This seems so mixed up, about never having met, that I am wondering if you are the woman from California who I am assuming you are. It is hard to tell because I only know my customers by their names and emails. I try to give excellent service to everyone and am sorry that we couldn’t dive together. If you would like to contact me directly, my email is listed above, and on my website.

Edmonton, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Micheal is a fantastic Dive Master!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Thank you for the excellent service and your kind and caring attention in making our holiday a great time filled with "first times"! Tony & Lisa

Visited January 2014
La Jolla, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Michael Cain with Blue Heaven Dives is a one boat sole operation.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My daughter, Kathy and I have been diving together for a few years. She chose Blue Heaven because of the wonderful reviews.

Michael, as the owner and manager of Blue Heaven went above and beyond what most any dive master would do to assist us and make sure that our entire trip to Belize was a memorable one. Not only did he make sure everything ran smoothly on the boat and that all of us divers were prepared for each dive, but he also made sure that we all had fun!

I am a petite, 4'10" 78 year old woman weighing around 108 pounds, who has been diving since 1971, with about a 30 year break. I starting diving again about 4 years ago and still love it! Kathy and I arrived in Belize on Feb. 1, 2014 and were met at our hotel by Michael, who went over our plans. The next day was too windy to dive so Michael spent the whole morning walking around with us and showing us the town.

We dived 2 days (4 dives) with Michael and his brother, Russell. We were at maximum 5 divers per dive master. They were both amazing. They not only helped us with our heavy equipment, but also explained exactly what we were to expect. For me, all I had to do is jump in the water. They pointed out some exceptional fish and see life. When there was a very strong current, Russell took my hand and guided me through it.

Russell took us to the "Blue Hole" and Michael saved us a lot of money by us booking this trip through Blue Heaven. This was an experience to be remembered. We were safely guided down to 130' to see the full length of the stalactites and Russell held my hand the whole way, which was very reassuring! I have never been down deeper than 100.' It was not scarey at all.

All in all, Michael and his brother, Russell went above and beyond any dive instructors I have ever had. They made sure all of our comforts were met, and Michael also helped us to choose restaurants to dine at and shops to visit. They made our entire vacation so much fun and such an adventure.

2 Thank Anne A
La Jolla, California
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Indeed Very Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

It's taken me a week to write this review because I wanted to make sure I had enough time to write about all the amazing things Michael did for my mother and I on our recent trip to San Pedro, Belize. I choose Michael's company over the others because of the detailed reviews about how he went the extra mile to help them. He even helped a couple of girls change hotels because they picked a bad one. From the reviews I knew he was a smaller operation, but what was most important to me was that we would have someone who had the time and desire to really be attentive to our needs. My mother and I were spoiled last year when we dove in Turks and Caicos. I like being well taken care of and since she's 78 years old, I wanted to make sure we got the same kind of attention. Michael went as far as bringing his brother Russell along to dive with a family of 3 divers since one of the daughters had a bad experience on her prior diving trip. So my mother and I had Michael to ourselves while Russell focused on the two daughters and their father. That's 2 Divemasters for 5 divers. No other company would have done that. Most better dive shops keep a 1 - 6 ratio and won’t add a Divemaster until they reach 7.

My mother has been diving since 1971, but she's 78 and needs a little extra help getting in and out of the water with the heavy equipment. On one of the dives, there was a current that everyone was having a little trouble swimming through and since my mother only weighs about 110lbs, Russell swam back to take her hand and help her through it. Since she liked it so much, he kept a really close eye on her often holding her hand especially when we were really deep.

Some of the things Michael did which was above and beyond anything you'll ever experience with another company are:
* He returned every email I sent him prior to the trip with completed answers and didn't tire of my multiple emails and questions, like other companies did;
* He came to our hotel as planned the evening we arrived to discuss our future diving days with him and what we wanted to see and do;
* He offered to help us set us an inland tour of Belize and suggested the best day to do it;
* He set us up with Aqua Scuba to go to the Great Blue Hole, saved us a bunch of money, and offered to send his brother Russell with us on the trip. He did the same thing for the other family we were diving with, however, they opted to go to the Blue Hole the day we went on our inland tour. There were other Dive Masters, but having Russell there to stay near us was very comforting and reassuring. Taking my 78 year old mother down 130 feet was a bit nerve racking, but Russell held her hand the entire time, so I was able to enjoy myself. On a side note, Russell is a free-lancer and will work with Aqua Scuba and possibly other companies when Michael doesn't need him. Apparently they both used to work for Aqua Scuba until Michael bought a boat and started his own company, so they have a friendly relationship. Russell gave us the same amount of care and attention underwater as Michael did both under and above water;
* After the first day of diving, my mother left her rashguard in one of the other divers bags so it would stay dry and forgot to get it at the end of the day. Since we needed it for the ATM Cave tour the next day, Michael offered to get it for us. Although he lives in the south part of the island, he drove to the north side to fetch it to us and then brought it to us in our hotel;
* He found and gave me a key chain with a scuba tank on it since I really liked his;
* He went back to the boat to find my glasses which I left in the water bucket and he brought them to me at a restaurant we were eating dinner at;
* He fetched us by boat the morning of the Blue Hole at 6am to take us to the other scuba dock since it was still dark out;
* He met us at the airport the morning of our day trip to do the ATM Cave tour to make sure we had everything we needed, and phoned that night to make sure we made it back safely;
* He showed us all over town the first day (it was too windy to dive), took us to a grocery and fresh fruit store, and helped us carry our groceries to our hotel room; and
* He called me back in the US a couple days after we'd returned to make sure we made it safely home.

Michael Cain at Blue Heaven Dives is a super nice, kind, funny, all-around really good guy. He made my mother and my trip to Belize a one-in-a-lifetime experience. We got to see tons of sharks, even pet a couple, meet a friendly Moray Eel and follow an octopus during the daytime. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to do a night dive, something I've always been afraid of, but one I would definitely do with Michael and Russell. When we go back, hopefully next year, I know it'll be even better than the first time.

2 Thank Kathy S
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome divemaster. Michael Cain is a saint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Had the luck of meeting Michael when he was helping the company we had originally signed up to dive with. We ended up diving with Michael & Blue Heaven, thank God! He is smart, personable & compassionate. He is extremely concerned about your safety & well being. He is sensitive to any issues you may have. Not a huge operation, but a great one. If you want a good safe experience, look no further. I only wish I had known about him before I booked with the other company.

Visited January 2014