“Great food, relaxing atmosphere, great people”

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 185 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Whether you're looking for a delicious meal or a cold beer or cocktail, we've got it! We serve a variety of dishes including Belizean cuisine, chicken, locally-caught seafood, and our favorite, Texas BBQ! You're sure to enjoy an incredible view of the ocean from our upstairs patio. We are located right on the beach, across from Ambergris Divers.
Thunder Bay, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, relaxing atmosphere, great people”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I and my husband spent our 2013 Christmas and New Year on Ambergris Caye. The first place we sat down on the island on our arrival was Licks. Mario, the owner, was there inviting us in. He is very nice and kind and friendly, and so is his staff; his pitbull Blue is adorable! you feel there like home.We only have good things to say about this little but very welcoming and clean restaurant. The food is awesome, fresh and tasty, coffee is very good and freshly made always, and you can have any tropical drinks you want that you will enjoy while watching people on the beach coming and going to the "water bus" that takes you to Belize City or around the island. The restaurant is right on the beach, a few meters away from the water and you sit outside, on the benches at the entrance or on the terrace upstairs. I'm not gonna describe here any dishes prepared, but I assure you anything you'll have there is delicious; you can convince yourself by stopping by!

• Visited December 2013
calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review.
Blue is a gem ain't she?
I like to treat people the way I want to be treated; with kindness, respect, and fairness.
We are from Canada, we have to have good coffee! We probably have the best coffee on the island.
I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
Hope to see you back soon,

• Greek first
Montevideo, Minnesota
“Small, but has an awesome taste!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Walking along the beach and you smell incredible flavors coming from the grill! You must stop. Do not have a lot of sitting space, but the sea food here is incredible! We had the coconut conch and shrimp sandwich for lunch! Worth a repeat!

Visited January 2014
Thanx for the review.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it that much that you wanted a redo of the meal. It means a lot as I have been in the industry of cooking/restaurant stuff for too many years.
Huntsville, Alabama
“Mario The Chef/Tour Guide/All Around Nice Guy”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My first stop in San Pedro after leaving the water taxi was at Licks. I was warmly greeted by Mario and immediately felt at home. Not only did he provide the best meal I had had in Belize ( i had spent a week in Belize city prior) but also called a found a wonderful place to stay. He and his staff were very helpful and I made it a point to plan a stop in every day I was on the island. I could not ever imagine finding such a place that I felt so at home and the food was out of this world fresh. Several time while I was there the spear fisherman walked up soaking wet handed the catch to Mario and off to be prepped for the evening meal. Mario has been on the island for around 12 years and is very knowledgeable in all the the areas happenings. Finding Licks was one of the highlights of my trip. Can't wait to return. A.G.Howell

• Visited December 2013
Thanx for the review,
I try to make everyone's stay in San Pedro a good one and apparently I succeeded with you!
I am glad to hear you enjoyed everything.
The spear fisherman are how I get my fresh fish everyday. It's so cool to see what they brig me. One time they brought me octopus!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Mario what a star!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We arrived in San Pedro on a rainy day, the first cafe we came across was licks beach side cafe. We was greeted by Mario and sat down. I had ice coffee amazing! And pancakes, this put a smile back on my face after a long treck from Cancun. We stopped in San Pedro over the next 8 days making sure we had lunch here, and spent most of that chatting to Mario. Would recommend just for the ice coffee alone.

• Visited January 2014
Thanx for the review.
My waitress/manager, Ashley has an Iced Coffee about every other day. I haven't made her one in the last two days so she's been bugging me for one. Haha.
I'm so glad you enjoyed everything.
Next time you come, try the Pennie Special Iced Cofffee. TO DIE FOR.
Palmdale, California
“Excellent food, very pricey though..”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Mario surprised us with excellent preparations of coconut curry with veggies and blackened veggies, for our vegatarian family. He is an excellent host and we enjoyed talking with him through our dinner. Very casual atmosphere, but great food and drinks. Found it very pricey for the ambiance.

• Visited January 2014
Thanx for the review.
Sorry you found your vegetarian meals to be pricy. Veggies are probably the most expensive thing on the island as a restaurant owner (besides meat and fish of course).
I'm glad you liked it none the less.