“Excellent food. Great people!”

Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 183 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Central American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Our dishes are made fresh daily. We have a large variety of delicious seafood, beef, chicken and pork dishes. Our desserts are as special as our savory ones. We are situated on the beach in front of the Belize Water Express at the end of their dock. We cater to locals and tourist alike. We only create dishes of seafood that have been caught and delivered to us fresh from the local fishermen here in San Pedro and you may see them deliver this fresh fish to us while you are enjoying a refreshing drink or eating a meal from our kitchen. You can indulge in some fresh Sashimi or Poki Tuna while sitting here and enjoying a clear view of the second most longest Reef in the world only half a mile away. We do make fresh vegetarian foods as well for the customers that choose not to eat fish or any meats. Please note: We do take credit cards.
New Orleans
“Excellent food. Great people!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stopped here one afternoon for coffee and key lime pie. The pie was the best I have ever tasted! The food and conversation with the owner, Mario, was so great we actually stayed for three hours. Thanks to Ashley for serving up the food and convincing us to have breakfast there two days later. I highly recommend Licks. This is a "must stop there" when visiting San Pedro.

• Visited November 2013
calcer, Owner at Doc'ks Tiki Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thanks for the review.
I hope you didn't mind staying that long. I tend to talk a lot. Haha.
Ashley does an excellent job.

• Greek first
Arlington, Virginia
“Freshest Seafood, Cold Drinks and Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped by Lick's for lunch after a morning dive and had a great time. We both ordered the fish fry with Jalepeno Corn and Cole Slaw. The fish was so fresh and lightly fried. This is JUST how I like it- all fish and not so much fried batter. The slaw and corn were paired nicely, a bit sweet and spicy. The Rum punch is fantastic and the beers are cold. We also tried to the key lime pie and that was awesome.

Blue is the most darling puppy and it is so relaxing to watch him play and dig around in the sand. The owner was a delight to talk to and had tons of island stories and tips. We will be back :)

Thanks for the review.
I don't like to bater the fish too much, you can't taste the fish then! I'm glad you enjoyed your meals and the drinks. We try our best.
Blue is like the best puppy/pitbull a man could ever want. She is loving, caring, not aggressive towards people who don't deserve it. She is just a wonderful dog who I am so happy to have in my life.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Thank you Mario-Hi to Crazy Blue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Excellent little place to hang and have a cold beer and a bite. Be entertained by the crazy dog Blue and stories from the array of people who just happen to show up at those little tables. Thanks Mario...You were closed on Monday when we left, but my daughter and I enoyed your place.

Thanx for the review.
"Crazy Blue" says hi right back. She misses you and your daughter, heck, she misses everyone that visits the resturant.
You don't need to thank me.
I have to thank you for giving Licks a chance.
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
“Fantastic food, even better people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you want great food served by great folks just head straight to Licks. First, the menu has plenty of fresh, fresh, seafood plus a few comfort items for the less adventurous - a real blessing as we were travelling with a toddler. I had the fried fish, which was the best I had while in Belize. The prices were good and we found similar items to be quite a bit more at other places in San Pedro. Drinks were great and if you just want a beer it's guaranteed to be nice and cold. Second, the service is fantastic because they treat you like family. Mario, the owner, made us immediately at home and when we returned the next night when Licks was closed,he took us to another local restaurant and introduced us to some local food and people. The folks at Licks are also happy to make recommendations of other places to explore while in San Pedro. Finally, Licks is right next to the water taxi and is beachfront. This makes it great for just hanging out to watch the water or people. Good food, great prices,tasty drinks and all served by down to earth people interested in making sure you have a great time. Just what you want when travelling.

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for the awesome review.
Yes, we try our best to accommodate everyone. You came to eat at our restaurant, so why couldn't we take you to another one? It's all about treating people right. I'm so glad you enjoyed my restaurant and I hope to see you again.
Thanx.
Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, great drinks and great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stopped in one afternoon for a cold beer and some food, and went back a second time because it was so good. The service was great and the food was superb. If you like rum punch definitely try theirs! I was rum punched out, but some other customers there said that it was really good, and they were right! Mario, the owner, is very friendly, as is their dog (who is super cute!). Although we didn't get a chance to try their breakfast, other folks that we met said that it was also fantastic.

• Visited November 2013
Thanks for the great review.
Yes, our rum punch is amazing and I am so glad you liked it. We have a secret ;) Ours is made with fresh juice, and that makes a world of difference.
Our breakfast is amazing and I am sorry you didn't get to try it. After all, the best coffee on the island.